Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! 2960 Help

HiOn a Remote Site When a switch or hub are connected to switchport, the port needs to be disabled. What configuration is needed on the switch.The switch is 2960.

melwin.uk by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! SNMP Traps

I apologise in advance for my stupidity.We have What's up Gold running on a windows server, and I am trying to get SNMP traps sent to it. I have enabled snmp on a switch and set the string to RW. I have also done the following 'snmp-server host 192.1...

Hi All,We have 6504 connected to the other end 3560G switch through 1000M LX SPF. I keep seeing the FCS and Runt errors in the giga port at 6504. The other end 3560G port is clean all the time. I changed the SPF module, still same issue. Changed the ...

hi,With two c3750 switches stacked one customer is  plannig to configure those switches to act as dhcp server for about three thousand clients.Can this configuration affect to the normal behaviour of the stack?Could come up some problems with this am...

uosambela by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Sir ...We had experienced same problem on configing etherchannel. Now we are preparing the configuration about etherchannel on 6500 chassis. But, some paper tell us that Cisco4000 series donot support LACP & PaGP on the module. Is it real?By the w...

seanlin by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I need to know the meening of ROMMON Variables. I have found only some of them on cisco.com.Especially I need to know the meening of the variable CVeg.: CV=disk0:s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-vz.122-33.SXH3.binIs it affect boot process?Many thanksAndrey

apetrakov by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! PBR on cisco 3560

Hello allI'm having a problem configuring PBR on a switch......we have a 3560 with the IPservices IOS installed an SDM set to routing, we need 3 vlans (each has their own router / ISP) and they all need to share a single printer / copier.so:vlan1 (us...

esnw33430 by Level 1
  • 26 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 2950 switch in a remote site that has 2 3Com 8 port switches connected to it to secondary rooms.  I keep getting notified that these switches stop working.  I checked the 2950 and portfast was enabled, I issued "no spanning-tree portfast" on...

Hi All,I am wondering if anyone else has come across this issue and may have some insight as to why it is happening?I have a QOS policy set up beween a core site and a remote site over a 1GB MPLS link which prioritises Citrix traffic from a cluster o...

Hypathetical scenario: I have a trunk port on a router going to a switch with subinterface fastethernet 0/0.1 for data, and 0/0.2 for voice. I want to perform LLQ or prioritize voice traffic on the 0/0.2 subif. Even though both data and voice have th...

djh278778 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm seeing the following on my firewall which serves as the default gateway for my network:%ASA-3-305006: regular translation creation failed for icmp src inside:10.224.102.60 dst outside:10.189.0.10 (type 0, code 0)the range 10.244.x.x doesn't ev...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Management VLAN

By default there are three types of traffic that pass through Catalyst switches:Control trafficManagement trafficEnd-user trafficControl traffic includes CDP, VTP ,PAgPManagement traffic includes end-to-end and IP-based protocols such as Telnet, SNMP...

tecknology by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know I can use Link Aggregation 802.3ad on a single switch, however can I create a link between two switches and use a port from each switch in the etherchannel group?  This feature is similar to HP's new distributed trunking which does this very t...

ngthen by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes