Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I resently converted standalone switches connected by two 10G links to vss.  When you do the "show switch virtual" command on both switches they show  Virual Switch Active   and the other switch does not appear.   Both VSLs show up up and the port ch...

Hello,I have some 3560 switches where I have enabled the global qos command "mls qos".  When I have this enabled I notice a lot of output drops on some of the slower links.  What exactly does the mls qos command do to cause output drops?  With it on,...

Hi all,i have WS-C3750G-24WS50 (with integrated WLC for 50 APs) that is running: ipbase-mz.122.25.fz which is differed.I iave also faced an instability so i want to upgrade.I am trying to find to download image for this switch but the category of the...

dwtcp by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have 2 ISPs and I would like to navigate through one of them (ISP1) until the performance of the line is falling down (for example, I can test an Internet DNS server for icmp-echo > 200 ms), then I have to route to ISP2 until the perfomance on ...

jmprats by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have a problem where I have put a ASA5500 into transparent mode and only have one access-rule, permit ip any any.on either side of this firewall I have 2 L3 switches that uses HSRP.so basically the setup is like this  L3dev1 - ASA - switch - L3de...

hobbe by Level 7
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've configured a Catalyst 3750 switch with equal-cost paths, learned via OSPF, to a remote destination.  I know that by default, OSPF will load-balance over the two paths, and I've confirmed this with the following output:RR-A#sh ip route 192.168.25...

pweinhold by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Experts,I have a Catalyst 4507R running as the core in my network. This switch doesn't do anything special, as all routing is handled by the 6509 that this switch connects to(network under a network basically) I want to upgrade my switch to the ...

jbraswell by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am in the process of deisgning and implementing a medium scale network for a client.There will be one 3560 24p POE switch connected to another 3560 via GBIC.There is one 2960 48p non-POE switch connected as a relay switch to allow for extra ports, ...

R3 has an eBGP peering with R1 and R2.R3 has next-hop-self under those peerings.What for? Doesnt makse sense, right? The only time you would use that is when a prefix is learned through eBGP and is going to advertise it to an iBGP neighbos.Just doing...

lamav by Level 8
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes