Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I've just installed new server switches ( CAT4506-E with SUP6-E modeule ) but I still have drops in some queues.I need to know what's causing these drops, so I need to know the description for the tx-drops-queue on switches.All drops occur in yx-drop...

hiconsultation, kron commands configure its policies without problems, the only thing that happens to me is that I created the file. log without data, you can help me alguin??Thank you.Alan

Hello,One Question...Do i really need to use a port channel for my vsl link ?can i just take one  TenGig interface on each supervisorand put the virtual switch link ... command on each interface... without creating the Port-Channel ?thanks

desrochj1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi guys, there's something would like consult with you all... given the scenario as posted:assume vlan 10, vlan 20 were set on all 3 switches, and it's identical. my question is: 1. will this etherchannel be establish? 2. assume SW A is root bridg...

The scenario is a data center sever farm...A good rule of thumb to prevent excessive cross link traffic in a switched access /routed agg design is to make each agg switch the root and hsrp primary for each vlan. Then alternate this for each vlan so t...

lamav by Level 8
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 4 subnets (well, really I have quite a few more, but showing 3 illustrates the point): 172.16.3.64/26, 172.16.3.128/26, 172.16.3.192/26, and 10.6.0.0/24. I’m having a problem where the 10.6.0.0 subnet isn’t able to route to the Internet and I ...

houstonrob by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a command to limit the number of links that we want bundled in an LACP etherchannel or is the limit always 8 as default? I want to test with 4 ports in the bundle with priority 100 and a 5th port with a higher priority. I want to test how th...

Hi,Switch port is configured as followsmls qosint fast eth 0/2switchport mode accessmls qos trust device cisco-phonespanning-tree portfastDefault Cisco IP phone marks CoS = 5 decimal and DSCP = 46 Decimal.CoS can be used only on trunk frames. So with...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card