Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Which image will load on the Cisco 3750 switch.Server-SW_A#show bootBOOT path-list      : flash:c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-44.SE.binConfig file         : flash:/config.textPrivate Config file : flash:/private-config.textEnable Break        : noManual ...

colmgrier by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have switch 2950 its default gateway is Router Lan interface 192.168.1.1Also i have configured ntp server onRouter asntp server 132.163.4.101Under switch 2950 which option i should choose to config ntp serverntp server 132.163.4.101  orntp 1...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I am one of the IT guys for my unit and have never once worked with fiber optical connections. We had a long stretch that needed to be ran with fiber in order to get them connected so we did but have had no success. We are using (2) Cisco C...

Winston87 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am moving all my users off of vlan 1, currently I have 323 users on vlan 1 and I have performance issues that I can't see on my switches.I have some design questions.How many users per vlan?Can I have multiple vlans for one subnet?With no layer 3 i...

markmarek by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI, I have cisco 1841 Router configured for AAA authentication.Everything is fine only problem with console authentication. I dont want to have AAA authentication console. I want to use local console password prompt when somone console the router. Be...

Hello,I am new to setting up etherchannels and have a couple of questions.I will be setting up on a Cisco 4506 to a Cisco 3750. I want to set up the etherchannel using ports 3/4 and 3/10 on the 4506 and use ports 1/0/1 and 1/0/10 on the 3750. It will...

I have a 3750 stacked switch with two 48-port PoE switches connected via stacking cable.  On these switches I have three VLANS: VLAN10 for VoIP  phones, VLAN20 for Computer Hosts and VLAN30 for IP CCTV cameras.  I configured the switch with SVI (gave...

jakecomm1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiHow do I restrict helpdesk or users from plugging hub or switch on the network.If Hub/Switch is connected to the switchport then port turn down or disable.What are other security recommendation for User_switch and BackBone Switch.cheersTOM

I have two switches, one called SW_VIP_P20 and other SW_VIP_P5, in SW_VIP_20 is configured a VLAN RSPAN where arrives traffic of this switch to be passed through a trunk to SW_VIP_P5 which I must configure a monitor session with only one destination ...

Hi,I usally get customer calls saying there is high cpu utilization but when we check the show proc cpu it does not reflect any processes taking very high utilisation. Can any1 help in monitoring these CPU utilisation in switches.specially in chassis...

I would like some expert help on a vlan question.We have a backup site that is connected to our production lan via a vendor supplied lan bridge.We are about to impliment vlan routing and we wish to insure that this new vlan is available at our backup...

I am having an issue with getting a 3120 to create an etherchannel to a 6509 running CatOS (ver 8.6.3).  It is a standard etherchannel configuration.  On the 6509, I have the following configured:set port channel 5/32-33,6/32-33 mode onOn the 3120 th...

g.hammond by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am going to be stacking a new 24 port C3750GTS switch with another of the same model. I have done this before and I have set the priority of the current live switch to 5 and I will provision the 2 switch before or after I use the stack cable....