Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear Every One,Currently, according to the attached network diagram, I am experiencing a situation where network devices below the Firewall layer sometimes lose connection to the network (cannot ping the IP addresses of access switches).I checked the...

sangtx92 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, everyone. When it comes to UplinkFast, my study resource says that if a device loses a root port, it can immediately have a blocking port be chosen as the next root port and transition into forwarding without going through the listening/learni...

Mitrixsen_0-1720352186091.png Mitrixsen_1-1720352201364.png Mitrixsen_2-1720352337983.png
Mitrixsen by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   I am very new to networking and just set up a home lab. I have a 2901 router connected to my 1g fiber home internet. The router connects to a 2960x switch. Once everything was connected to the internet I did speed test and got 260mbps up and...

mdeckard by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have the following network; A ring backbone consisting of Nokia Routers running multiprotocol BGP, MPLS, LDP, SDP, VPRN service. The Sites would run a Cisco Switch that communicates with the Noka Router through BGP.The Cisco switches can communicat...

are there any limitation in regards to stacking a switch with an Essential License, or is this simply not possible and the only way to stack is with an Advantage License ?please let me know, I am still wondering if the license has anything to do with...

kousha by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

3 switches are connected in Ring and by default spanning tree block 1 port.. I have enable REP(RESILIENT ETHERNET PROTOCOL) as I execute command "rep segment 1" on each connected interface, it shows a message that ENABLING REP , disable spanning tree...

Ideally on our Catalyst and ISR devices we restrict TFTP transfers via an ACL with the statement "snmp-server file-transfer access-group {ACL #} protocol tftp"We have tried to implement this same feature recently into our Nexus devices with no succes...

Doopzzy by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I got an stack with two C9200. One C9200-24P-E, and one C9200-48T-E.This stack runs in install-mode, with software version 17.03.03. The two flash: are as following : Switch#dir flash-1:Directory of flash-1:/72892 -rw- 2097152 Sep 30 2021 08:07:04 +0...

Hey guysim trying to configure the sftp on a cisco c1000 i followed the documentationhowever when I execute the wr it shows no erros, in switch logs shows nothing everything is OK with username a password for the sftp usereverything is enabled firewa...

R1nzler by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Help,We purchased a Nexus 9K and I'm trying to configure Radius and I can't seem to be able to make it work no matter what I do.Questions,Is it required to have the vrf mgmt 0 interface configured in order for radius to work on the Nexus 9K?Do I need...

gxs by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,I was just wondering that is there any way to recover / reset forgotten VTP password (other than reseting the box itself) like what we do to reset password on router (CRTL+BREAL sequence and then changing config register).I tried googling aro...

hello,I want to access to servers which are connected behind my router Cisco ISR LTE/4G.On the process creating the hostname, it tells me to fill a public IP address but i don't know why because the IP on the router is dynamic and changes every time....

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card