Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a network that will be extended to another building. I have all the vlans defined in router Bldg1. The connection to Bldg2 is using a Layer2 switch with a routed link thru fiber. How I can transfer the vlan information from the other Bldg ? Th...

Hello, In a corporate LAN, where office employees are connected to the inside network; how is the redundancy maintained. For e.g. if the overall network setup is Active/Passive such as1. FrontEnd Firewalls (Active/Passive)2. Firewall DMZ Server farm ...

tech_trac by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 10 VLAN's created with in our network. DHCP and VLAN is setup on the 3560 switch. There is an "ip default-gateway" command pointing to the interface on our firewall which is connected to the switch and it is on VLAN1.We would like all traff...

I am looking for a simple command to show what ports are configured to be in what portchannel.I have a couple of 6513s and am running 20 different port channels on each chassis. I just want an easy way to verify that I put the right ports in the righ...

jfraasch by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know it's old stuff, but I have a C5500 with a Route Switch Module, IOS 12.0(7)T. This has been stable for 10 years. This morning, the RSM started to reload every 10 minutes with the following log entries:Nov 4 09:33:07: %VIP2-1-MSG: slot9 System...

hi experts, 1 > we can not disable stp on switch. we can disable stp on vlan basis or port basis Is this correct or wrong2> i Want explanation of spanning-tree bpdufilter enable commandthanks in advancesuryakant

We are attempting to use VACLs to forward traffic for inspection to a NIDS solution. We would like to preserve the VLAN tags as the NIDS uses this as part of its policy. The question is does VACL support forwarding VLAN tags as well?Kind regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card