Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Folks,We have several sites that have Stacked 3750s using two Multi Chassis Etherchannel links to connect to the wide area which is provided on World Wide Packets Metro Ethernet equipment. We have two VLANs; one for the link back to the main core ...

Hello I have been trying to upgrade the Nexus OS on a Nexus 5010 in a staging area. After configuring the mgmt0 interface and my laptop on the same subnet, I can ping the switch from my laptop but canot reach my laptop from the switch. I get an error...

I had solar winds and it had an IP browser. I would enter the community strings in and the subnet/ip that the switches were on and it would tell me all the switch names and their IP address.I don't have that anymore. Are there any free tools I can do...

Starthorn by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a customer which provide internet access for about 200 students. They are connected by switchport and wireless.Now I want to restrict the bandwidth per user (2Mbps). My fist thought is, to to rate-limit on each switchport. How about the...

I have a lab with the Ace-4710 implemented.I have four production VLANs and four standby VLANs for the servers. I am connected via trunk ports for the vlans down to a switch. I can ping from the 4710 to all servers on all VLANs. I can ping from al...

jfraasch by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Max VLANs on ISL??

802.1Q frame has a 12 Bits VLAN ID which translate to maximum possible 4096 vlans on a trunk.ISL frame has a 15 Bits VLAN ID. based on this I would assumed ISL can support more than 4096 vlans. however, I'm being told only up to 1024 vlans are supp...

situwayne by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have started to get these strange outdiscard errors as of late. It is like 60% of the ports on my switch has them, but no other kinda of errors. I would have chalked it up top heavy traffic, but the traffic level is steady. I have attached an ex...

I have 2 4506's and a 3845 MPLS router. I'm attaching the diagram. I'm trying to figure out why when I do a traceroute from a remote site it is going to the 10.1.1.5 to the 10.1.1.4.Here's the EIGRP info for one of our networks.Routing entry for 10...

jrgates by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does the 2940 (I've never used them) support all flavors of STP (MST, RSTP, STP)? What about dhcp snooping, all features of STP like backbonefast, root/loop/bpduguard, etc.? I can't find any datasheets on it since it's EOL.Thanks,John

I am a little confused as to what I am seeing and wondering if I missed something. I have set a class in a policy map with the command 'set ip precedence 2'. Looking at the class it is marking all the packets coming through, but when I look at the ...