Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Interconnect CE520

I have 3560s that are configured with vlans 1,2,22. I have a CE520 connected to port 22 of one of the Catalyst 3560s. The port is configured trunking. I want to plug a phone into the CE520 and operate on vlan 22. How do I get the vlans from the c...

Hi guys,i have two cisco 3845, on both of them are configured :- vlan100 (see below),- a trunk , - HSRPthe issue is i cannot ping the ip address 172.16.4.1 from router 2 using as source vlan 100 (see below), in the arp table of router 2, no entry for...

tdanetsco by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 3560 qos

Dear Sir,We have three web servers connected to 3560 switch and we would like to limit the max bandwidth of them as 30M, 15M and 15M. Is it ok to do the qos at the uplink port such as f0/24?Any sample for reference?Thanks.

Hi allAm i right in saying flash is where the files are stored, IOS, and boot loader etc ? and ram is what they load into once the router has booted, what is the ram also used for? when would I need to upgrade the RAM ?

I have to get some multicast traffic across a non multicast network, and have had a suggestion I use DVMRP tunnels. The site routers are 3750, so no GRE,.Try as I might, I don't seem to get it working - I don't think the tunnel it establishing proper...

NTP

Hi,Is it possible to make a Router as an NTP Server. My requirement is to allow Windows Domain controller to connect to NTP Server to synchronise the time and then all other server will point to Domain Controller.Looking for a best options

Hi,Just a little advice about the setup I am looking at. I have an edge router 2651XM with a WIC-ADSL card in. I have a PIX 501 and and a Catalyst 2940. Is it possible and a reasonable idea to host a DMZ using a a couple of dedicated ports on the swi...

Hello,Recently bought a used 6509 with a Sup-720, it came with a compact flash and seems like the version on it is:12.2(18)SXF8 (advanced enterprise services)Now on cisco's website, it shows like a SAFE HARBOR but when clicking on safe harbor but whe...

I'm working on our co-location setup and I'm getting ready to make some upgrades and I'm not quite sure what the best solution is. Here is what I have now:- a block of 32 IPs from provider- one firewall in front of all of my devices- one unmanaged sw...

george by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HSRP - Does the Standard Multilayer Image provide a routing protocol that can converge as rapid or near rapid (10/20ms) as when using EIGRP and HSRP together...Basically, is the Enhanced Mutilayer Image the best choice for achieving the fastest fault...

Hello,I found a mac-address on my router and after some research, I found tha was generate by ma Cisco 4948. (00:1A:5D) But if I look for the manufacturer, I found this:Mobinnova Corp.I have no material from this manufacturer.Is it possible that some...

Hi,i am about to have an ip renumbering on our network, what are the things that i need to consider when reconfiguring the vmps

i have a cisco 4500 switch......and the 4th line card on it has all the IP phones connected to it.there r primarily 2 VLANs....109 is for data and 145 is for voice.now i have an other switch(linksys).....which i want to use it for IP phones. I need t...

shamkumar by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes