Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Scenario: I have a 3560 switch. 48- 100Mb ports and 4 - 1Gb ports. Can the 4 - 1 Gb ports combined really handle 4 Gbps of total throughput or provide 4-Gbs of bandwidth?How about the 100 Mb ports? 48X100 = 4.8 Gbps, is this really possible? What ar...

Hi all,There two sites in our environment. One is a data-center (25 servers) and the other consists of about 300 users.The link between these sites is a 100Mb OptiMAN fiber Ethernet connection. The link is connected via a 3750 switch (routed) interfa...

msrohman by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have two Cat6500 switches (core1 and core2)interconnected with trunk port. we also have a few of access switches to uplink to two core switches with trunk port.In core switch, we use SPT (RPVST)for L2 load balancing and HSRP for L3 load balancing ...

I have Supervisor 5 on my 4510. I tried upgrading to the newest version and it wouldn't take the IOS. Could someone explain to me the difference in the 4000 and 4500 images? There are two choices when downloading the images.

When an interface (SVI or routed) comes up, does a Cisco switch or router send a gratuitous arp to update the arp cache of the hosts on that subnet ? I guess yes (?), BUT does he also do this for each secundary address or secundary HSRP active addres...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In my day to day administration, over the years I have come across what must be a pretty common issue for hands on network engineers.That issue is logging onto multiple devices when they have been taken off the production environment network.For exam...

I have a router with multiple interfaces aggregating about 25Mb of traffic with a somewhat high CPU utilization. Ping times to the device fluctuate between 3ms and 180ms depending on the CPU load. We have WCCP directing traffic to a Barracuda web f...

Hi,I have some 10 servers which is runing multicast applications. Now I would like know those Multicast IP address of those servers.Is there any command to check the same in router.Regardssateesh

sateeshk10 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two 6509 switch connected via a fiber trunk on the SUP blade.All vlans are trunked on this trunk.Both switches have monitor sessions set up on them and I am getting an error trying to create an additional one.I am thinking I can remove one of ...