Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

set up monitor of an access port connected to a router. Only seeing traffic coming toward the switch from the router even though specified both. Any ideas...thx

whanson by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have two SUP720 supervisors in a 6509 runnings72033_rp-IPSERVICESK9-M 12.2(18)SXF11. When I am on the console of the active supervisor and I issue a reload command the switch reboots but the module that I am on boots as the standby module.I then...

krygiermk by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Two questions:==============1) What is the simplest Cisco switch I can get to do Port-Channel config and test with a 3rd party switch (Extreme Switch) at remote end. - CAT 2950 or 3550 or 3750 and exact WS- number please?2) I cannot find one example ...

Not sure which forum to post this question in, forgive me if it's not the correct one.Our company has acquired a used Cisco 1800 series router that I'm attempting to reset to factory default settings. I'm connected to the router via console cable via...

Hi Everyone,This one might sound a little funny but I am trying to find a solution to accomplish the opposite of a PAT I think I need a reverse PAT?I need a method of translating a single IP into multiple IP's.one to many - not many to one.I am not l...

87305 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a trunk link which we use to connect two sites. We have numerous non routed vlans which are running across the trunk. I need to create a qos policy which will give the traffic from one particular vlan priority over everything else. I'm not su...

Resolved! HSRP and Servers

Hi Everybody,I have a current setup with Cisco 3560 swith (2 Nos) as core switch configured in HSRP.I have Cisco 2690 Switch connected to server and this 2960 switch in turn connects to 3560 switch as shown in diagram attached.I want to change this a...

All,I want to block ports 445 and 135 on the router going to a specific host. Will this access list yield those results if I put this access list on the router's inbound interface:access-list deny tcp any host 11.1.5.0 0.0.0.255 eq 135

mrashby by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm receiving the following display on a 2811 fast ethernet connection and am not sure what it means:FastEthernet0/0 is up, line protocol is up 20 unknown protocol drops

HiI have a router doing some routing this is connected to an access switch port, I would like to add a subinterface to it can someone help me with setting it up as I've never done this before.Here are the detailsRouter:interface FastEthernet0/0 ip ad...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes