Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Silly question here. I have a 3750G with routed switchport and an IP address of 10.1.1.149/16. This connects to a flat network via fiber on VLAN 1 with a 10.X.X.X subnet. From my switch, I can ping their firewall at 10.1.1.2 and exchange server at...

morioka by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, can anyone help.If I have a layer 3 gigabit switch and 1 port is constantly transmitting at say 900meg a second, will it affect the performance of the switch in a whole? ie other users plugged into it?

Hi allI am getting the below error2009-02-04 11:44:29 Local1.Critical %SPANTREE-2-BPDUGUARD_SHUTDOWN: Portfastguard shutting down port FastEthernet0/4 VLAN 1.2009-02-04 11:44:44 Local1.Critical %SPANTREE-2-BPDUGUARD_SHUTDOWN: Portfastguard shutting...

Hi,Please see attached diagram with setup.Links between core and access layer switches, SwitchA and SwitchB, are configured in Port-channel, Here is the interfaces config:SwitchA interface GigabitEthernet1/0/49 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q sw...

Hi all,I am having lot of output packet drops. I just want to know what kind of traffic it is dropping and what is causing it. For your information the interface f1/30 is connected to a 3rd party QOS box. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps, c...

Hi all. if I have 1 pc on the 10.112.0.0/16 network and the other on the 10.112.1/24 network, will they be able to see each other, I would have thought that they would, but the pcon the /24 net would only see things on the same range, then it would s...

Hi. I just wish to ask given the scenario where you have two 4507 switches with two ethernet connections for redundancy, with rstp running, would both links be active and exchange packets or would only one physical connection be active? If only one ...

hey all, any know when a 16-port POE 10/100 switch will be available? only an 8 or 24 port is available. an 8 is not enough and a 24 port is too much for a small office. there is a 16-port one but it is not poe. thanks, robert.

Robert Ho by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! keepalive format??

I wonder keepalive format. also how the device(switch or router) checks the keepalive about attated host. I know "TCP keepalive" and "keepalive"(used in switch/router)are different. (I know TCP keepalive well) could anyone explain me about keepalive ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card