Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Can anyone tell me if I can use the Catalyst 1900s for a home lab. I am taking the CCNA and have access to 2 of them for free. Problem is , I believe the ios is version 9. If they are useable, is there an upgrade image out there anywhere?

Hi, I have configure the line for ssh:i.e.conf tline vty 0 15transport input sshWhen I try to access the switch, I'm refuse.I do see the option for SSH on the switch, just can't connect via SSH.version running:flash:c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA12.bin

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, A quick question, when adding a distribution layer to my network, I am joining the access to the dist and the dist to the core, however why do I need to link the distribution layer swiches together? what is the benefit of this ?

Resolved! youtube blocking

i m trying to block the youtube on my network. I have confiugred the following things on my internet router.class-map match-any youtube match protocol http url "*youtube*"!!policy-map p2p class youtube dropinterface GigabitEthernet0/1ip nbar proto...

In a data center environment with three security zones, tracing from an appserver in the middle zone to a db server in the inner zone (through an FWSM) gives results like:From appserverA Tracing route to dbserver-42 [10.17.120.32] over a maximum of 3...

I shutted down the GigabitEthernet-I/F on a cisco3845-router. The Link-LED stay on. Shouldn`t the Link-LED went off when the Interface is Administratly down?The other side off the Cable is connected to a Catalyst. Does anybody have a expaination for ...

I have some switchs Cisco and I would like to find an IP address on the LAN.I want trace and IP address or a MAC addressI would like to find the out-port of the switch where the computer is connected.I know I can use the command sh mac addr dyn | inc...

Hi Guys, i got 1 question regarding question. i was just wondering if anyone can help me in answering it. I have a frame-relay link lets say 1 mb. i wanna configure qos and for some application lets say for example telnet. i wanna guarantee banwdith ...

amitbatra by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've setup a Cisco 3750 & 3560 with VLAN20 & VLAN30. Is it by default that VLAN20 & VLAN30 are isolated i.e. users on VLAN20 are not able to view VLAN30 files & folders ?If no, hope I can get some samples to secure the VLANs.regards,

Hi Experts,I have one HP-switch was getting reboot and the users are getting so much inconveniency. So the challenge is I have to resolve this issue with in early stage.So Experts can anybody please investigate the firmaware version of this switch an...