Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I would like to test Q-in-Q and configure it to transport the vtp and stp for the C-Vlan's across the P-Vlan so that both spanning tree and VTP update to get across the Q-in-Q tunnel.Here is the config I have on the q-in-q switches :System MTU...

guys can someone p[lease explain basic switching to me plz.....just have few questions.....first of all suppose if i have a new cisco switch like 3560 or 70.....and i take it out from the box.....if i connect three pc's (same subnet) will they commun...

Will a 2811 running 12.4(11)X/Advanced-Enterprise-Services route between sub interfaces? I can't get traffic from f0/0.50 to route to f0/0.100. Both interfaces have IPs and are doing dot1q trunking.Traffic from both these interface can route to f0/1.

Resolved! events logs

hi,I admin a C4500 in the enterprise network but in the events logs (show logg) does not show everything that has happened in the switch, only appear a few events. I need to filter events such as when an interface rises or falls, or when there are er...

Hi all, Can someone kindly explain me the main difference between tunnel mode gre and ipnip. in our environmnet, when we try to form tunnel interfaces, usually they work fine with gre but sometimes we need to use ipnip without any obvious reason, so ...

Hi there. I'm receiving this syslog message thousands of times per day:%C4K_SWNETFLOWMAN-6-FIXEDCREATIONTIME:I looked up the message in the documentation and all it had to say was this:Error Message C4K_SWNETFLOWMAN-6-FIXEDCREATIONTIME:Fixed creat...

branfarm1 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We use 7609 routers as MPLS PEs in our backbone network. Recently I've taken out a 8 port Giga module from the 7609 chassis while its powering on. I found that this module configuration of all its interfaces still stays when I do a "sh running"; but ...

h.dam by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes