Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Spanning-Tree

having difficulties comprehending pieces of stp. can someone expand a bit on CST vs. 802.1d From my understanding 802.1d utilizes 1-to-1 of STP instance per VLAN where CST has one instance for all VLAN's.Any further info would be appreciated.thankyo...

We have two core switches 4503 C1 & C2. we have configured C1 switch as DHCP server. In case of Core 1 down we need to activate Core 2 to act as the DHCP server. Do let me know how to acheive DHCP failover between the Core switches.

pradeepkum by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi every one, suppose i have 3 areas, area 0,1,2. Area 2 is NSSA area. now i can see redistributed routes in area 1 and area 0, i can stop redist routes entering in area 1 by making it stub, but how can i prevent them from showing up in area 0 ? 1) i...

My server admin hasn't used Norton Ghost in awhile and he went to use it the other day and it didn't work. I asked him try pushing it out by unicast and it worked. I enable IP Multicast-routing on my core switch but it still doesn't seem to be workin...

cowetacoit by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have Cisco 1841 as the data router. We have assigned 2 secondary gateway ip on this router. This router has default route to the Firewall for internet traffic. Now the problem is only for the users with secondary IP as their gateway. (The secon...

Hello,When this command is configured on a 6500 interface without a Cisco IP phone attached, what happens to the QoS packet markings? Are they remarked to CoS 0, are they left as is, etc.? For instance, if just a PC or video conferencing unit is co...

netwrkgod by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have configure my 3750 switch for span. In this switch my IPS 4255, Internet router and Pix firewall is connected.Below mention is the span configurationmonitor session 1 source interface Gi1/0/1 - 3monitor session 1 destination interface Gi1/0/5no...

I am trying to track down a srong chemical smell in my office, like overheating electronics. I noticed it when I came in this (Monday) morning. (Thanks to my colleagues who suggested it was me ;-)!The only warm eqipment I could find is a 3560-8PC w...

I see a $de sources static tcp 10.10.10.28 80 xx.xxx.xx.xxx xxx in HypterTerminal, but when I tried above command. It is said invalid? So, what is $de? Thanksm,

Calalyst 3650 (IOS 12.2(25)SEE2) as a L2 switch.I want to block all L2 traffic between two MAC addresses.One MAC is a IP-Phone and the other MAC is the local Voice Gateway. IP-Phone and Voice-Gateway are both in VLAN 10. Both MACs are attached via VL...

pwellmann by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes