Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

At work, I have been tasked with monitoring the Ethernet frames between two modules that use automotive Ethernet (100BASE-T1).  I am able to break this trunking connection and convert from automotive Ethernet to 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports.  However, ...

Active_Tap.jpg
masshakar by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a BGP Peering that will come up as Established, but no routes are exchanged.  It sits there for 180 seconds, and once the timer expires, the peering is lost.  It re-establishes itself after a couple seconds, and the cycle repeats.  There is a ...

rwills by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Have a Cat9404 configure with several VLAN and each having Ip helper-address DHCP IP configured for each. Seems as though one VLAN DHCP requests for clients are timing out, though somewhat sporadically. I don't believe its a rogue DHCP server on the ...

jasonmeyer by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I was trying to upgrade Extreme X440-8t from summitX450-15.5.3.4.xos to summitX-16.2.4.5-patch1-3.xosReason of upgrade is to enable SSH on the extreme and to disable the telnet. So, we have a FTP server and i can ping that FTP from the switch ...

I have a question that would be very easy to fix for Cisco but i cant beliefe noone asked for this already:Can we finally add the Year to every log entry for obvious reasons?Is there a solution to this already? Can we activate this somehow?

Hi All,i have a cisco 3560 as you can see on the below config i am unable to access via telnet or ssh, unfortunatelly i do not have console cable, only optio is via http, but default credentials (cisco/cisco or Cisco/Cisco) do not work. any idea??ver...

dimi.kard by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allI have a WS-C2960X-24PS-IN switch, the MGMT, Stat, Speed, Stack lights blinking(Orange Color) on three-time every two seconds. Not responding to LAN Port. when trying to log through the console, a message saying boot fail is displayed. what can...

IMG_20220125_145801_HDR.jpg
yomaldyw by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am having an odd problem with SNMP, I have a Pair of Nexus 5548 UP's and the SNMP is setup very simply v2 with a RO communitee string, I had both devices setup on my SNMP NMS and after a few days one of the devices stopped responding to SNMP, I ...

I successfully logged to my cisco switch firepower devices. however I am trying to access the GUI connection I am receiving connection timeout. example https://192.168.x.x  I received the warning to add the exception then the connection timeout?I wen...

Resolved! Extended VLAN's

Hello All, I have never worked with with extended vlans, but I have a customer who sent their vlan IDs they won't configured and they start at 2000. I have set the switch to VTP Transparent mode and created the vlans, but I need these to be routed. W...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card