Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi.I have a network based on (mostly)C3560G switches using L3 and OSPF everywhere except at the access ports where servers are connected. I was planning to use ACLs to restrict packet flow through the router part of the switches. I don't care about t...

udj by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys...just wondering what the best setup would be using Cisco equipment at home. I have adsl with sky and at present i connect wirelessly to the net. I would like to create a home lab for my ccnp so would like to know the best router/equipment to...

SOL10 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I read the folowing text.http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015c612.shtmlI have a doubt.When i make a SPAN, the statistics of show int are the same?example:type configuration on fa0/5 port:fa0/...

alex.wirz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a CISCO 2811 router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports. One port is used by a firewall, and the other port is for the LAN. Currently, I have a flat network that I want to chnage by putting the servers in my data center on a different subnet. Since ...

Hi i'm having some difficulties finding in depth information about advertisement request message start value. when a client or server request for vlan update the start value is set to 0x6772. what hexdecimal number is set in an advertisement request ...

I have router A and Router B connected together. I have Router C connected to both Router A and Router B in a triangle design.Router A has a link to Router C. Area 10Router B has a link to Router C. Area 10What will be the ABR for Area 10? Where do I...

Hi,I'm asking this question so i can get a good understanding of the matter.If i connect a hub (uplink) to a 2950 switch and this port has portfast enabled, we'll i create a switching loop?or do i need to connect a second cable from my hub to my 2950...

tonyp8581 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've searched the forum and read some good information about Inter-VLAN routing, but I don't feel somfortable enough in my own situation without asking for help.I have several VLANs set for each 'inside' PIX interface. I want to enable ArcServe traf...

rwchenow by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes