Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

gius i have this SUb for my 6506.....now its has catos and i want to change it to IOS now first question how i am going to do that ....second question is do i have to put MSFC3 daughter card for that as well.....please urgent help me is needed.....no...

Currently when I need to find a device on a switch that I dont know where it is plugged in, I go through this process. Say you want to find a machine with the IP address of 192.168.2.7 From the enable prompt you would type in "sh arp | include 192.1...

august70 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all:I am working with one of our customers who has a 3750G-48TS. They recently noticed that on some of the ports the status LED blinks alternately green/amber under heavy load, and the "input errors" counter for that port increments.According to ...

VAMiller by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,we have a problem with our switch stack.Currently we have 9 switches in the (2 GigabitEthernet Switches and 7 FastEthernet Switches). Basically the transfer rate between Servers and Users located on different switches is creating speed problems...

In reference to the IPv6 headerI understand the IPv6 header is 40 bytes in length - fixed.One of the fields in the v6 header is Payload length.This field is fixed at 2-bytes in length and depending on the value of each bit will determine the total le...

fsebera by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have RDP server installed at the servers VLAN and the users "thin clients" on another VLANs. I'm asked to enable the thin clients communicate "multicast" to see the RDP server. Frankly, i don't have any idea about the RDP or the thin clients. I ...

I have a 3750 switch. I am creating a wireless guest network using an ASA 5550 dmz to provide dhcp for this guest network. I have created the dmz network and placed it in VLAN 200. If I plug my laptop into a port on the switch in vlan 200 I receive t...

mrrlg by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

To check whether a switch is healthy and all is ok what should I be looking for in addition to the following?show logsshow proc cpushow proc memshow env allWhat else should I be looking for?Thanks

qwertys21 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Dell PE 2650 server which has two Intel Pro/1000 NICs which are teamed, so 1 IP between the two. They plug into my 4507, where each port is in a different channel-group. Each channel-group has a second member port, which is connected to a ...