Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

IOS Firewall logging mechanism is only displaying firewalling messages even though all logging is enabled. How do you turn on regular IOS router logging, like login, interface up/down?

It's a 6509 with sup720/pfc3b. If I try to create a second monitor session the error returned is "local span limit has been exceeded"I thought the sup720 supported two local span sessions?-----LAB6509#sh monitorSession 1---------Type ...

jroyster by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Regarding IP-Helper Configuration, when you list IP addresses with the ip-helper address command, does the router forward the broadcast/DHCP/BootP request to the first IP address on the list first or does the router forward the request to all IP a...

I am connecting 3560E switches to a 4507R core switch. Existing fiber connects the IDF locations for the 3560s to the MDF location for the core switch. The multimode fiber plant takes ST connectors. The GBICs - GLC-SX-MM and WS-G5484 - require LC c...

rapassano by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I have a 2950 that I cannot telnet into from one specific subnet. I can ping and tracert to that switch from this subnet. I can telnet/ping/tracert from any other PC on the same subnet as the 2950. There is a firewall between the two sub...

Hi Experts,I want to gather as much information as possible about Stacking Cisco switches, be it GigaStack or Stackwise(Hope I've used the right terms, I am a novice when it comes to stacking).Could someone please advise.Many Thanks.

network_a by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi to all,Maybe someone could help me out with a similar problem. I receive a few C3750's and when I try to use my SFP's GBIC modules that I use in my network at this moment I receive a err-disable and the port never goes up. I'm using this GBIC's ...

Hi,we have an Cat6509, already with around 6yrs, with a Sup1, but now I'm looking at replacing both Sup1 by WS-SUP32-GE-3B.Do you know about any compatibility issue?I've in there two WS-CAC-1300W, and the following modules: 3 16 16 port 1000mb GB...

jorge.s by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Thanks, folks.here goes..I need to create an isolated vlan on a 3560. Not sure how to provide that L3 isolation. Hosts on this isolated vlan will plug directly into the switch. So, lets say I create vlan 10 for the isolated vlan. I would create the S...

lamav by Level 8
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 4506 SFP SUP ports

Whats with the sfp gig ports on a SUP V for the 4506s? There are restrictions on their use. I tried using them as uplinks to a fiber riser to a 6513 yesterday and it didnt work. What is idfferent about the SUP sfp ports from the ones found on a dedic...

lamav by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to shape traffic on a gigabit interface (hardware is an LC single mode module) on a 6500 to 280Mbps. The interface mode shaping command lets me shape only upto 100mbps. policy-maps allow me to shape at more than 100mbps , however, whe...

If I pushout a new ios to a the active sup card on a 6500 then I put my boot system statement to boot and off the new image and then do a reload will the active sup card download the new ios to the standby sup card. if not how do I get the newios to ...

newbie by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a 2621 router and a 2651XM router. Currently, the 2651XM router is defective. Is there a way to telnet to the console of the 2651XM using reverse telnet on the 2621 on port 2065 (AUX). I connected a rollover cable from AUX of 2621 to the co...

jpl861 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card