Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello all,If we have 4 switches connected with each other with Trunk ports.You have access only on one switch .....how can you see Root Bridge...and its priority....Show spanning-tree will display bridge ID .....my question is this how can you see br...

junshah22 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,Just looking for (hopefully) a quick answer on this. Got a weird situation with a mgt server looking for link status on a 4500 switch and some Disaster Recovery servers which are down except during DR invocation. Our mgt server always shows...

Good morning everyone, I have a strange problem interconnecting a Cisco851 with an ISP router.The ISP router has the 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 address and the C851 has the 192.168.1.100 255.255.255.0 on the FastEthernet4 connected to the ISP device t...

Hi team,I have two 2960 switches and a 3845 router,The second switch acts as a backup to first. We are planning to add another 2800 series router for redundancy. We want to use it for redundancy and also use it for loadbalcancing.We have 5E1 on the p...

Hello all,If switch's system LED is amber then ..post was successful or not....If switch's RPS LED is amber then.. POST was successful or not....Regards,Jun

junshah22 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am a little confuse about switching types and their capabilities. Can any any one give to me a link or some concentrated documentation about that.thank you

adriatikb by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've a department which has been physically residing in a common area. We do have a 2960 switch in that common area connected to the users of my department. I want to implement port-security so that no other user can connect to this switch port ly...

We have a pair of 6509's with the following...2x WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE 2x WS-F6K-MSFC 2x WS-X6408-GBICI am now looking into upgrading them....wondered what opinions are out there as to what would be recommended?The obvious thing would be to add more fibre...

Customer found sudden reboot of his Core switch 6509 and the log report was shown as "TM_DATA_PARITY_ERROR " now he findes this error occuring very frequently on his log report pleas help in sorting this out

Supervisor 720 processorGuys, I'm trying to find out what speed the Supervisor 720 runs at. I know the SUP2 runs at 300mhz by doing a show version but the Sup720 data sheet doesn't have a specified speed.Also, I'm having a problem with packets being ...

ciscors by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card