Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have ISP connected between ADSL modem to router 1811 in FastEthernet0 port. Wowrstations connected in switchports 2-9 and they have not internet :(Plz help i'm neewbe in cisco network and configuration. What wrong in config?Router Config.!This is t...

nowal1234 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

doing a switch migration/consolidation into a 4500. I am trying to consolidate a 3512 DMZ switch into a 4506 with a 24-port FE card (among others). Current DMZ 3512 switch is VLAN 1 10.1.1.254/24 --> Gateway is 10.1.1.1 (ASA5510)How would I go abou...

We have a 3750 switch that's stack. When I try to do a wr mem I get the following error. Is their a solution for this?thanks Ciscoon199b47zas03#wr memory Building configuration...Error writing new config file "flash:/config.text.new"Error writing new...

I have two internet connections here, one is a T1 line connected to a Cisco 2800 series, the other is a DSL line connected to a Cisco 506-E which is used for a webserver and VPN traffic.When I attempt to translate port 80 to the webserver on the inte...

We have two offices connected via a Service Provider network using 802.1q tunnelling. Our subscription is for a 100Mbps service however our switches at each office are connected via gigabit fibre interfaces to the provider network. How do I shape the...

I inherited three Catalyst 2900 XL switches (2924) in an office move. One of them appears to work fine, but the other two give me wanky CLI prompts when I try to configure them via the console.One switch freezes when trying to copy config.text from f...

Hello AllFew bunch of switches 3550/2950 are displayed down in my HPOV but when issued "sh ip redirects" see few redirects and include my HPOV server IP. If I clear the IP Redictes on those switches/bunch of switches it comes up/normal in HPOV. Any i...

Questions about L2 discards:1) What can I do about output discards at L2 between ports connecting switches (6509s ? CatOS)? They are autonegotiating at 1000/Full. I read that Flowcontrol should not be enabled on trunks, and understand WRED and ot...

rickpastor by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am in the process of working out a failover network. we have a 10mbit line coming in from XO and 2 t1's coming from Sprint. I have a 2811 with the advsecurity IOS for firewall and vpn. Here is what we want to achive. We have 4 sites all connect...

Hello All, What is the best practice for UDLD? My network has the standard setup with Core, distribution and access layer switches connected with Gig-E copper cable. The connections between all the switches are trunk-ed. When I issue ?show diagnosti...

mmaruf by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ISIS Supported IOS

Hi; If any one have any idea that what is ios supported isis on 2500 series of router, i have 2520 routers with the image c2500-is-l.123-22.bin but unable to run isis, it gives error protocol not in this image. Thanks

sr2675402 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VPMS Questions

I have a PDF that details this concept fairly well, except all of the example switches are Cats. Are any IOS switches able to be VMPS servers? It appears they all could be VMPS clients.TIA,Lee

lhoyle by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have cisco catalyst 3500 XL series 24 ports switch. I need which port connected a device and what is ip and mac address of these devices. Is is possible?I use show mac-address-table for mac addresses. And i use show arp fro ips. But sometime show a...

HiI read that when you make multi vlans Cisco recommend connect the switch to routers or servers only.So, if you have a 6500 with a router processor, it is possible to connect a multi vlan to a port in the 6500. I have this question because this is m...

ptorrico by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card