Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am having trouble connecting an "el cheapo" switch to a 2948G. I have set up a training room and needed a high density of PCs so I plugged a switch into a 2948G port. There is a button for up-link abd I get a link light and the 2948G indicates it...

I?m having what seems to be a pretty fundamental problem with ACLs on my switches. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I?m running 6500s with HSRP and SVIs.Basically, I can?t get my ACLs to block the traffic I?m trying to blo...

garcia by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Is there any way to secure trunk links?More specifically, to secure them so that someone can't unplug the switch and connect a PC that speaks 802.1q to gain access to any VLAN.It is possible to use port security or port access lists on the upl...

I have two 2600 XM Series routers that we use for training purposes. Recently one of them stopped recognizing the existence of the 2 built-in Fast Ethernet ports. I?m stumped on why this would occur but more importantly how to fix it. When I conne...

joero by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to create a redundant internet connection in one of my offices. I have a 2600 series with 2 ethernet interfaces, one connected to the local LAN segment with firewall etc., and the second connected to another switch with another firewall ...

tntadmin by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi , I would like to configure a router to route two different traffic ( one for DMZ 192.168.60.0 and one for DMZ 192.168.61.0 ) Actually the router is already routing traffic to 192.168.60.0 and I need to modifiy the config for .61.0I found this art...

trombidz1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Will Cisco 6509 switch support ip wccp web-cache redirect out command ? If not please help how to enable this in a switch or any options available ?

Hello all,I have a quick scenario here.The following routes are in a routing table:ip route 10.20.2.2 255.255.255.255 S1ip route 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 S0Where would traffic traverse, from 10.20.2.2, would it go through S0 or S1?Thanks

danny9797 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes