Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I received a Catalyst 4948 from my Headquarters and they didn't send any passwords, I did the password recovery for the Catalyst 4500/4000 Supervisor Engine II+/III/IV/V Module and it appeared to succeed, However Now When I reboot it goes straight t...

I am trying to stack up few Catalyst 3750E switches which they will be mounted in different racks. One of these stackwise cable was being just little short even using 3 meter one (CAB-STACK-3M=), I'm wondering if there is anything longer than 3 mete...

Hi Experts!i have to know,1)how can i Configure Port-Security on server vlan and static mac-address mapping for these servers on the DMZ segment.10xs

alsayed by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am really trying to push L3 in the closet using 3750s. However, it is very frustrating when the most basic stuff (i.e. multicast routing) is not supported in the IPBASE image--but I hear this is supposed to change in an upcoming release. Upgradin...

We had a co-worker get fired and took the passwords with him. We have txt files of the config but need away to decrypt the level 5 password. I would just run through the password recovery reboot but we cannot take the switches out of production. A...

Resolved! Basics

Hi all,I was wandering if i could create a network (ethernet) without IP addresses assigned for the hosts. I mean that if there is any way to communicate two or more hosts only by using their MAC addr 's.

agentlife by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know if 800 series routers support bgp and,if no, which are the protocols that are used. I have a couple of those routers and i thought that it would be good if i used them for practice. I'm open to any suggestion.Thanks

agentlife by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, How can I give someone read-only access to mainly 2950 switches. It would be great, if they can surf to the switch with a readonly level. Already saw some config with http://ip_address/level/7/ but I was still asked for a level 15 uid + pwd. Rega...

meganck01 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes