Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a 6500 switch (core) and a 3500 switch (remote site) that connect via and ISP fiber link up. I have had issues with the autonegotiation on the GBICs in my Cisco gear as to connecting up with the ISP equipment. I issued the following commands...

bevans by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have heard that you have to borrow a minimum of 2 bits to subnet a class C network. This would make my subnet mask: 255.255.255.192.But I have been given a question on a quiz asking: If I have an IP address of 200.200.50.0 and a CIDR notation of /2...

To begin with, I am very green with Cisco as you will se by reading this post. I have a Cisco 831 router. I have DSL service through Bellsouth. My current router (a Linksys that I am needing to use elsewher) is connected to my DSL modem. The rout...

I have 2 Cisco 1760 routers with 2 WIC-ENET interfaces each connected back to back to simulate 2 WAN connections b/w 2 remote sites. I'm running Cisco 12.4(12) IOS on them. I configured reliable static routing using Object tracking on them. When one ...

I have two 4503 switches that are ether channeled together and configured with HSRP for redundancy.These switches have some VLANs created.I have an 871 router that has a four port switch for the inside interfaces. You cannot assign these ports IP add...

Hello,I'm having a bit of problems with getting GLBP to work in a round robin fashion and was wondering if anyone could help.I have two CE's with GLBP configured on their LAN interfaces and a switch connecting the two which I am also using as the cli...

Lodan1234 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Curious to know the process on how to bridge two routers. In this case we have a 2821 and a 3600 we need to bridge in a location. The 3600 routes data currently and we're installing the 2821 to service/encrypt VoIP. I can honestly say I have no exper...

All, I have a 3750 that was part of a stack. The stack got broken up, and this one 3750 wont boot up. It gets right to the point where it would give you a ready prompt, but freezes at that point. When it was part of the stack, it worked fine. Any...

jjoseph01 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Sorry about the elementary nature of this question, but I can't seem to find an answer. I have a 7603 currently loading ROMMON from the gold region, with regions F1 and F2 marked as INVALID. My question, is if I upgrade the ROMMON version to region F...

Hi all, Is the main purpose of subnetting to limit broadcasts, and save addresses, Ie the broadcast to a class C will be alot smaller than a class A, Is this correct ?

I am looking at a running-config of a C2950-SX-48-SI switch and noticed the configuration of the up-link port is like this:interface GigabitEthernet0/1 switchport access vlan 102 switchport mode trunk spanning-tree portfastIn these four lines, are li...

tianlu008 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a need to policy route some IP addresses and have no problem with how to do that - except when going through a pair of redundant routers.I need to policy map data from my MVS system through several routers to a WAN router. There are two redun...

jkeeffe by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Diagram:The black lines between the devices are wireless bridges.I need to create a trunk between switch 1 and switch 2 so I can pass vlans through. I currently have ospf running on both switches as well as the linux router with a network of 1...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card