Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Is there a way to rate limit traffic BW in cisco switch 3560 port, as long as there is no rate limit command supported under the port configuration

mkamar by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Why would you change the native vlan?I heard that you change it to free up trunk header overhead. How would that apply to having 20 different vlans.Which vlan would I make the native vlan?

please let us know whether WS-X6548-GE-TX suports JUMBO FRAME on cisco 6509 switch Cisco Internetwork Operating System SoftwareIOS (tm) MSFC3 Software (C6MSFC3-PSV-M), Version 12.2(17a)SX1, EARLY DEPLOYMENTRELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)Mod Slot Ports Module-...

I'm upgrading a network from a Linksys router to a Cisco 851 and I can't get it to hit the net. I went through SDM and set everything up but the only thing I noticed was there was no place to input the default gateway. So I did some research and adde...

brianhaste by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all, just a quick question, what exactly does a switch do when you plug your pc in, does it add the mac address to its mac table, and check for spanning tree ? also if my pc cant find a mac address its looking for, does it automatcially get sent o...

Hello everyone,we have a Cat4500 switch which has WS-4515 supervisor and without any configuration, when I turn it on, I found the cpu usage is always around 8%, is it a normal staus?29 19859872 82824159 239 3.75% 3.66% 3.68% 0 Cat4k ...

just wanted to know that what is upgrade kit for changing SMI image to EMI on cisco 3550????? what is an upgrade kit is it something hardware or ???? secondly 48 port 3550 SMI cant be changed to EMI image i have heard this thing some where is it corr...

hi;I'm hoping someone has come across this issue before and would share with me some insight.I have a cisco infrastructure consisting of catalyst 6500 series core switches and 50 or so closet catalyst switches. In my data center, I have recently inst...

jkrawczyk by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

After upgrading from the NPE-G1 to the NPE-G2 we have had slow input errors. The NPE-G2 gigabit interfaces are located in the back of the router under the fan and power which may be causing the input errors (EMI). Still seeing the input errors afte...