Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a 1711-k9 router I am going to use for VPN. I have configured Fastethernet0 (the WAN port) with no problem. Its just standard ethernet.My problem is, that the LAN side is going through this WIC-4ESW switch.I am sure it is a wonderful tool. But...

I need to upgrade some 3550 switches to 12.1(20)EA1 Is the process of upgrading the IOS the same as say with the 4507's? Never upgraded the 3550's before. Thanks.

mbedell by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ok...I said yes to erase the flash when I was moving a file into the router. Now, how do I get a bootable image back into flash? I am connected through telnet and am at a rommon prompt. Thanks - Wayne "eraserhead"

xtech by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone tell me what the number in parens and letters mean in the version numbers of the IOS on cisco devices.ex: 12.3(7)T and 12.3(4)XD

mrashby by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to enable broadcast control in my network.I am using layer2 2950 and 3550 switches.someone please tell me what is the ideal packets per second must be set on a particular interface.by default it's rising 500 and falling 250.When i set ...

This is the small part of the network design that i want to seek advice from the forum .++ we have two cisco 2950 switch switch1 ==gigabit trunk == switch2 .we want trunking to enable between these two two switches by using there gigabit ethernet...

I admit, this is basicbut after reading thru the 3750 PDF I never could find information stating exactly where/how the global/stack-wide IP address is assigned.Is it the IP address assigned to VLAN 1 of the switch that powered up first? Can someone c...

donlon by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello all,i'm new in networking. is there any vsat configuration reference or books from cisco like how we configure a vsat modem, and connect our router to connect to it? just for my home lab ; )thank you,dedy

A client has outgrown their current workgroup router. They are approaching 250 workstations and their current DSL router will only handle 254. Can I get some recommendations for replacement? Specs are DSL WAN Internet access(max 1.5 mbps), should be ...

jim by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I get the warning message "Cookie information is corrupt" on one of our routers (Cisco 827).It boots up in rommon and I am not able to boot up IOS. I have tried to install a new image using TFTP, but I get the same error message when I try the tft...

astrand by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have just received a Cisco Security Advisory re. the misformed BGP packets and we're having a hard time determining whether the IOS on our BGP routers is affected. We happened to be running the IOS 12.1(5) and this specific IOS is NOT on the list ...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes