Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello guys, I am Tasos from Greece. I have a very difficult project for my university, to define subnets in the program Packet Tracer. The project is the following:We are given the network 192.168.224.0/22 and we have to define 8 subnets in descendin...

I tried to use "secret 0" followed by an unencrypted secret. But then when I tried to access the device the password is not being accepted. In the example below - should not the password foruser skipper be foo123?  username skipper privilege 15 secre...

Resolved! untagged trunk

I was able to perform this on an Avaya switch, but we're moving to Cisco and I'm not sure how to perform this function on a CISCO. I'm aiming to do this on a C9200L requirement:device interface -vlan 32,40, with PVID 40. All untagged. It requires bot...

Good Morning,We're starting to prep for CapEx expenditures, part of which will include a few switch upgrades (hopefully).  I've been we're a small broadcast / streaming shop currently running on SG3xx series switches, looking to move up to the SX550x...

TPT by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,i just saw problem with increasing total output drops on interfaces at cat 2960s (WS-C2960S-48LPD-L ver. 12.2(55)SE8)problem is on every connected interfaces, some with ip phones others with PCs and uplink interface, everywhere total output dr...

M.S.88 by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am now working on Catalyst 9200L-24T-4G and 48T-4G switches. When I tried to configure trunk ports, the option switchport encapsulation dot1q/isl doesn't exist. Then I looked for data sheets and there isn't any mention about ISL, but only IEEE 802....

kIshihara by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey Its a simple question.....does the Nexus 5K support IP SLA? I find the 7k has a guide to configure SLA but those commands are not available in the 5k. There is also no option to enable the feature. Why would it not support SLA? If they are DC swi...

Hello. I'm currently working on an assignment for my networking class. The project is made up of a multilayer switch with 5 vlans which are inherited by the switches. Every VLAN has an IP address and a helper address. VLAN 10-40 works but for some re...

Hey All! We have a Cisco 3560X switch running iOS version 15.2. IP services activated on it. When I go into Conf t and run "IP multicast-routing I get a command not found. I can run IP multicast-routing distributed. Is there a difference in these two...