Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,If switch A and switch B are connected with 2 identical trunks, one will get blocked by STP.However, for example, if I allow only Vlan 10 on trunk 1, and disallow Vlan 10 on trunk 2, both trunk will be active.Is that right? 

iores by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Guyseverytime when I upgrade this switch the problem exposed. i checked md5 had not problem.  model number: c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-7.E9  @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@...

hamed1986 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, When you set up a stack consisting of only two catalyst switches, is it not sufficent with one stack kit in total? One stack module in each member, and only one stack cable between them? We do not need the redundancy or ring when its only two swi...

Plati by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Pls advise how to calculate the percent of Total Output Drops on this Layer2 interface (C9300-48T).   Am I correct in saying the interface below is dropping 27% of its packets?     My calculation =  Total output drops / (output packets + Total output...

Hi everybodyHow does switch behave if its cam table is full?  For example  if we have a switch whose cam table at maximum can store say 5 mac addresses as shown below,what will switch do if it receives a frame with dest mac mac2?  will it flood the f...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi All,I am using several Multicast devices on the Catalyst range of switches, (9200 and 9500 for test purposes).  The devices we have work fine on other switch brands with IGMP Snooping enabled and Fast Leave.  We have configured our Cisco switches ...

Hello everyone,I think I just killed my cisco 2960x-lpdl. I want to put a new firmware on the switchit wont let me do that: And it wont let me do following:I formatted flash: before and unplugged the power cable. what should i do now? the stick is fa...

wechslernico_0-1702030297816.png wechslernico_1-1702030350409.png
bountyy by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes