cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a dsl connection at a remote site that uses ppp over ethernet. Found out the hard way that it is not supported on the pix 501. So I bought a dsl router that supports pppoe and it works great. I can use the vpn client to tunnel into the vpn...

Is it possible to do vpn connections onto the Pix 501(to the inside lan), using the vpn3000 client, when the pix 501 is behind a cisco 827 adsl router and you have just one public IP address on the outside ineterface of the router (given by a the ISP...

bquily by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am on a win98 box with VPN client 3.5 & I want to access a win2000 server off a dsl line behind a PIX 501.Can I use just the PIX and the VPN client to access the the win2000 server via VPN/IPSec or do I need a RADIUS server to handel the authencati...

rgrcommo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I'm new to Cisco so a little help would be great.I just purchased an Cisco 806 Broadband Router. I've added the Firewall/3Des IOS to this router.Before the upgrade I was able to use the Cisco VPN client from a Windows PC to connect to my offi...

I have setup the PIX to allow IPSec clients and I am able to connect to the PIX but I cannot access anything on the inside network. My config is:access-list 101 permit ip 171.16.1.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.2.0 255.255.255.0ip address outside x.x.x.x 255...

mjhagen by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi! How does one VPN out from a 'behind the corporate firewall' scenario to a remote network? I found out that IPSec VPN uses ESP 50 and UDP 500 protocols and that if using transparent tunneling mode it can either encapsulate ESP 50 in UDP 500 (UDP) ...

dave8775 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to use VPN 3002 Client running V 3.5 software in Network Extension mode with PIX running V 6.1(1). If Yes, is it possible to enable each user to be prompted for their credentials when they access the remote network? Any ideas?

r.nair by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an IOS router (1710) that needs to get its Wan IP address from the ISP via DHCP. Since I do not know what IP address I am going to get, how do I define the default route?I have tried:ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 eth0 but I am never able to ping th...

jerry.roy by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone tell me how many clients the 506 VPN can handle or point me to the correct website please.cheers for any help.Andy

agoodwin by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was just wondering what importance does the secret key have...i.e what could happen if a non authorized person found out. What kind of damage could be done.(I am putting this question in reference to Cisco AcS3.0 and cisco networking devices.)

zabbas by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to VPN to my company's internal network from home. At the company end is a VPN 3000 Concentrator. However, at home my PC connects to the Internet through another machine running Microsoft's Proxy Server; using Winsock Proxy for normal TCP conn...

I forgot what the commands are that you need to have in the firewall for the newest vpn client (3.1) to work. I know that you have to put these in:vpngroup xpclient address-pool clientpoolvpngroup xpclient idle-time 1800vpngroup xpclient password pas...

wraights by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes