cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all.Currently we are using eap-tls with machine authentication.We would like to improve the solution, because the fear of users "stealing" the certificates and installing them on unauthorized devices.We uses wlc 5508, ver 7.2, ACS 5.2, and connect...

eirmad by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I am try to design a wireless solution where we will use WLC, MSE, ACS and we want to hace map location of the ap.It is a new solution, no a upgradingFor the use of map and location in Cisco Prime wich license is required?, just with the lifec...

We're running NCS 1.1.0.58. Since updating to this release from the 1.0 release, the 'Autonomous AP Client Status' and 'Lightweight Client Status' background tasks have been failing with message 'java.lang.NullPointerException'.  I believe as a resul...

Hello Anybody,I have purchased a Cisco CAP-3502 Wirless Access point from Ebay.Now, i have no Wireless lan Controller, can i use the Access Point without the Wireless Controller?How can i Download the Software for the CAP? I become a Message, i need ...

Sanymedia by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on why a client would not select the "better" AP?  This particular client see's 4 AP's and one of them is obviously the better one at -64.  Yet it inists that it wants to connect to one of the worst ones a...

Hi All, I would like to know if the recommended WAN latency of 100ms for Voice + Data as per the H-REAP design & deployment guide holds good if we are using locally switched WLANs + central 802.1X authentication? I read somewhere that the 100ms requi...

Hi allThe high availibity feature that gets configured on the AP for primary/sec/tertiary controllers, do both the hostname and IP need to be entered? If you only enter the hostname of a pri/sec controller but do not enter an IP, does the AP try to r...

Hey all,got the following problem at NCS:Upgraded alot of APs with the migration template. One access point remains as an autonomous one (it's a lightweight now).If I try to delete this one I got the error message in the screenshot.What can I do now?...

Hi All ,This is regarding "Client link 2.0" in 3600 AP . It's a cool technology ,no doubt .But i am thinking on how to test in any labsetup .Can anyone tell me the ways to test the functioning of "Client link" technology with 3600 AP / the CLI comman...

Does anyone have any experience with outdoor wireless enclosures?I am looking at polycarbonate NEMA 4X enclosures....these are totally sealed. The environment that these would be working in ranges from -20 to 110 degrees with very low humidity. Would...

HiI have cisco 887V (CISCO887V-SEC-K9) router. I am not sure it will work as Access Point or not. It does not have any external antennas installed. I checked on website and found that all Cisco 887V routers have option of Access Point and also found ...

mehmoodch by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllI have setup a WLAN with Web Auth using radius to authenticate per user.The login page comes up ok and the radius autheticates but then right after logging in you get page can not be displayed and the you cant get anywhere on the WIFI.It works ...

Hi folks,We're using MAC Filtering as part of securing access to a WLAN.  A problem we're facing is the database size on the wireless controllers which is a maximum of 2048 entries.  I want to use our Cisco ACS as a centralised database to overcome t...

shanemoss by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card