Data Center Switches

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Hi,I'm new to the 1000V suite and I'm looking at a design that makes use of 1010s acting as the VSMs. I've seen a load of stuff on deploying the 1000Vs but not a great deal on the 1010s other than HA stuff.From what I understand each 1010 supports 4 ...

Hi there,I'm testing the VSG with vPath, managed by the VNMC.Everything work fine, until i have used a rdp(27) protocol rule.Indeed, if I create a permit rule with the rdp(27) protocol ahead a deny all rule, the term monitor shows the tcp 3389 goes t...

nvermande by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Having a bit of a problem with connectivity from host to network.  Running version 4.2(1)SV1(4). port-profile type ethernet data-uplink  vmware port-group  switchport mode trunk  switchport trunk native vlan 999  switchport trunk allowed vlan 600,999...

paul.ward by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have some questions if you can help me out please.1-Just need to understand the difference between configuring port-channel mac-pinning Vs port-channel LACP on the Nexus1000v? what do i gain or loose by having one versus the other?2-when conf...

mhasabal by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

What are all the deployment options for the 1000V VSM?  (Which of the following are true?)1. A downloadable virtual appliance2. Nexus 1010 physical appliance3. Installable ISO on a VM3. Installable on commodity server hardware

Hello,I have a ethernet profile that is "channel-group auto mode on mac-pinning" the associated eth interfaces generated PO number in auto mode to PO11.I noticed that when VSM lose connection to VEM, VEM module is removed wth his interfaces (PO11 is ...

helenio by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have two Nexus 1010 deployed in Active/Standby mode, uplink type 3. I have connect the port eth1 of each Nx1010 to upstream switch-1 port Gi0/1 and Gi0/2 and port eth3 to port gi0/5 and i see the next problem"003507: Apr 25 14:44:07.258: %SW_...

Hi,I am getting an error when trying to add a VLAN to one of my Uplink profiles. I have 2 uplink profiles and one worked fine, but the other will not add the VLAN.Here is the output:7i27i2(config)# port-profile type ethernet Uplink-Communication7i27i...

pz by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Gurus,We have already upgraded the VSM and now trying to upgrade VEM using VUM.I have issued the following commands:vmware vem upgrade notifyAdministrator accepted in vCentervmware vem upgrade proceedAfter that I am getting error:uviprswin1k1# sh ...