Metro

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

I need detail on end to end Ethernet OAM features/tools avilable for service provider network.This is required for end to end ethernet services management like EoMPLS etc.Do Cisco routers have support for inbuilt OAM features for VPLS?

Hi,I've got a cisco 17xx router with a 2MB connection and some branch offices connected with VPN tunnels to this router.Since a few days we have some annoying delays.Since the router is the only device between the LAN and the internet, what commands ...

Hello, Has anyone here implemented "GRE over MPLS"? Would it be possible to point to some links discussing advantages/disadvantages and some design aspects of the same? Thanks Cheers, ~sultan

I want to deploy muticasr on VPLS, can you all tell me, wthether is it possible and also what are the design and implementation considerations i should have??Brgds,

Hi, I am planning to deploy VPLS in my network, but limitation resources :( Let say we have 3 core routers (P router, GSR12008 or 7507) at 3 differnt node. If we put the 3750Me back to back with the P router and then run VPLS.Can it be done? 3750Me w...

I am implementing a Metro solution where I have two 7600s that are connected through an MPLS backbone. These 7600s have a point-to-point EoMPLS VC between them. NOTE: The 7600s do not have an OSM card, they are using the Sup720 ports to create de VC....

aretsu by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi i have a network with VPLS, and i have configured one customer with many site in multipoint(EMS), and i need add redundancy on Layer 2 on the HQ office. Thats is possible?. I know that i can make a Etherchannel between the PE and the CE on the sa...

garridoe1 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

BFD

I have two 6500 switches connected directed trough a fiber link.I am using Ge-WAN ports, so and OSM module.When I configure BFD withbfd interval 50 min_rx 50 multiplier 3Sometimes I have an down in bfd and 1ms after I have the up.But If I configurebf...

I have a q-in-q port with this configurationinterface GigabitEthernet3/48 description QinQ Vlan 4001 switchport switchport access vlan 4001 switchport mode dot1q-tunnel mtu 9216And when I do an show interface, I have too many giants!!!See:show interf...

On a trial basis when we migrated from Rapid PVST+ to MSTP in a network of Cisco 3560G switches, we observed that all the link (FastEthernet) cost which by default is 19 have been increased to 200000. Any idea on what basis this link costs is calcula...

j.samanta by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hy guys,there is a lot of documentation on the cisco site who explains in great detail how the switch ports on a 6500/7600 device trust or not the CoS, DSCP, IP Precedence of the packets entering in the switch. Please consider the following situation...

We are runnnig a qinq metro ethernet network with 3750 switches. We connect multiple sites and also offer Internet access. My question is if a client wants internet access also and wants to use that existing fiber, is there a way to break out of th...

jwilde by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks, I keep reading in this forum that in an MPLS network if the MTU is 1500 bytes (default), a lot of packets would get dropped as the labels added to the original packet make it bigger than 1500 bytes(4 bytes per lable). So i did a test today, I ...

Top Solution Authors