cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi.I need some help on the command neighbor XXXXX advertisement-interval in BGP.Does this send update messages to the peers with the specified intervals? My understanding was there was a certain amount of time (default value) depending on which devic...

Aoi by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I have bought a 2960 switch to work on as I am studying for my CCNA , Im trying to incoperate it into my home network the diagram goes like this BT Router > Netgear switch (unmanaged) > Patch pannel > 2960 switch I have set the default gateway and...

jk865 by Level 1
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does an EtherChannel perform checks on a new interface or an opposite switch even if it is enabled manually? E.g. not using LACP or PaGP. I would assume that it does but I couldn't find a clear answer. Further to this, are all the checks performed on...

PrimeYeti by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hi and aplogies if I have posted this in the wrong forum. I have an ACL denying inbound tcp22 for VTY mgmt access, we have changed the SSH port from default. I am seeing denies logged by the ACL ass expected, but the destination address is not this b...

Damo14 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 Catalyst 9k's being used an WAN routers to terminate links to our other offices into our data center.  Upstream from the Cat9k's is a firewall running BGP.  The 9k's are running BGP and I want to force the routes to go through the firewall s...

Hi. I am wondering why the well-konwn discretionary may or may not be included in the update packets such as local preferences. Is this all about luck or have a rule?Experts please help me here.

Aoi by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

default route -->            eBGP           eBGP            <-- default routeInternet---------FW1-------------------R2---------R1---------R5-------------------FW2-----------Internet           202.100.0.1        ...