cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Labels

Forum Posts

Finding accurate answers to your questions and issues is always gratifying, but what if these answers are shared globally across different languages? The Cisco Community team has been working on a proof of concept (PoC) to take Accepted Solutions in...

translator.png Asolution.png htlm-source.png insertcode(1).png
Kelli Glass by Community Manager
  • 7 replies
  • 16 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm trying to work out how I can optimise WAN link detection failure for a frame relay circuit. I have a site with two routers each with a PVC back to a central site. The routers are currently setup with HSRP on the local LAN with interface tracki...

I have a 3750 which is connected to a 3750 in another office via a 100MPBS fiber loop. Is it best practice to have this interface in its own vlan (which has an SVI), or as a layer 3 interface? Are there any differences? Does it affect cef?Many thanks...

I've two public IPs from my ISP. I'd like to implement them in a router Cisco 1701. First IP works OK, but the secondary doesn't. This is the WAN interface config:interface ATM0.1 point-to-point description $FW_OUTSIDE$ ip address 80.44.47.220 255.25...

I have been battling with this for days now. I have posted this question before but still no answer. I have a router at a customer site. This router is used to connect to my office network and back into the customer's network. Connection to my office...

All, Problem was started, when one user was not able to access some websites. So we decided to run ?debug ip packet ? on our router (perimeter device) and noticed that packet was getting dropped on our router, because of the following policy-map mark...

azmath.hk by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi When router recieve initial call for isdn backup , my router will challenge the peer with hostname of router . I tried to use ppp chap hostname command to change hostname but it's not work. How can i do to change it ?thanks

Hi, anybody knows if the Cisco1750 supported SDM ? . If yes, what the last 1750 IOS version that supported it ?TIAAlexandre

aamaral by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Is it possible to configure a router to automatically ping (or send some other sort of IP keepalive) an IP address every so often, and base the status of a virtual interface on whether these keepalives are regularly received? I recall seeing t...

jonesc by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If the following is issued on a Cisco router:frame-relay map ip 10.1.1.1 200What will be the end result ? (select all that apply)a) Split horizon is disabledb) Inverse ARP is disabledc) Inverse ARP is enabledd) Split horizon is enabled I see that ans...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 1750 (no suffix) with what I understand to be an optionally installed PVDM module (other 1750's have suffixes such as "V2" which indicate what kind of PVDM(s) came factory installed). The PVDM part number is 73-3741-01. While there i...

Hi, can you clarify this?Based on the router output below, imagine I want to find outthe total amount of data to be transmitted before applyingcompression.Initially I thought that it would be value 130,000by looking at the line "uncompressed bytes xm...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need help configuring a 870 series router. how do i configure a user name what are the commands?? i need to be able to login with a user name when i am configuring the router from a pc!!

I have a 7206VXR with NPE-300 engine running 12.2(24) IOS. It has an older Enhanced ATM PA OC3 multimode adapter and I need to replace it with a single-mode ATM OC3 adapter.What is the part number of the adapter I need so I can replace this older mu...

jkeeffe by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello all, I am working on a solution where by, should an ADSL link fail i would like to be able to dial in to a cisco 877 by using the console port connected to a anologe modem. I have already created a virtual AUX port and been able to connect by d...