Security

Explore the security forums and share your expertise about firewalls, email and web security, Identity Service Engine, VPN, AnyConnect, Duo, Secure Access and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Browse the Community

Network Access Control

Cisco Access Control Server (ACS), Identity Services Engine (ISE), Zero Trust Workplace

32310 Posts

Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.

70995 Posts

Duo Security

Get started with or get better at administering and using Duo by interacting with peers and experts!

3301 Posts

OpenDNS

Ask questions not covered by support articles and documentation.

3464 Posts

Activity in Security

Resolved! FTD wildcard cert showing CA not available

I have imported the PKCS12 file into objects > PKI > Cert enrollmentWhen adding the cert to the device it is stating CA not available.. is this because the CA Root and Sub CA's are also required to be added to the PKI cert enrollment section?This par...

NetworkMonkey101_0-1726839499953.png NetworkMonkey101_1-1726839602427.png NetworkMonkey101_2-1726839684315.png

Cisco switch authentication problem with ISE

Dear All,              I have an issue with the following switches, switch 1 its could authenticate with ISE, whereas switch 2 its doesn't, when i run "sh authentication session" its has traffic in switch 1 and switch 2 no session show at all, and wh...

Resolved! Ikev2 Ipsec Between Asa and Sonicwall

Hi team, Need help in understanding an issue faced when creating a tunnel between Asa and Sonicwall (Issue got resolved) still need help to understand. SonicWall: Phase 1Ikev2Encryption aesAuthentication sha265Dh 14Lifetime 86400 Asa: phase 1Ikev2 En...

SajeshB by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! FMC100 migration to FMCv

@Marvin Rhoads kindl please suggest if my approach is right as the cisco documention is overwhelming. what I read from your post replies and other this is the right process from FMC1000 migration to FMCv • 1 Deploy new FMCv in virtual environment • 2...

Firepower 1120 stuck in boot and factory reset

Hi.We have an 1120 that just blinks green in the status LED.So I've connected to the CLI via USB and can see it stops at "Creating FXOS swap file..." when booting from itself. But also if I try to boot with a new image on a USB.When I try to factory ...

MartinTG_5-1726823368179.png MartinTG_6-1726823378980.png MartinTG_2-1726823274650.png MartinTG_3-1726823284076.png
MartinTG by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! firepower SSL policy cipher suite for default action

In my SSL/decryption policy advanced settings I have chosen the option to block unknown cipher suites and therefore in my connection logs I see lots of connections that are blocked due to unknown cipher suites, which is expected.  However, the partic...

tato386 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco ISE 3.3 Policy Set Monitoring Feature

I created a couple policy rules and selected the Monitor feature.  After applying the changes, I am not seeing any hits on the rules I created.  I found in old forums the monitor feature really doesn't work.  The customers were using 2.4 at the time ...

Using Let's Encrypt Certificates with Cisco ISE

Table of Contents   Table of ContentsSummaryACMEObtaining the CertificatesObtain the Certificate from Let's EncryptIdentify the Signing Certificate AuthoritiesObtain the ISRG Root X1 CertificateUploading the Certificates to ISEUpload the ISRG Root X1...

certbot-certs-WEB.png certbot-directory-WEB.png openssl-x509-cert-pem-WEB.png openssl-x509-chain-pem-WEB.png
Tim Glen by Cisco Employee
  • 1 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

Resolved! ISE Indexing Engine is not running.

I get an error in the ISE console indicating the ISE Indexing Engine is not running.When I run show application status ise in the cli I get the below screen shot.I have tried to start and stop the ISE as well as rebooting the ISE appliance.Can anyone...

Firewall Port For Cisco ESA

In Firewall Infomation for Cisco ESA, i see port 628 and port 2222 for the direction it show In & In. What is the meaning of In & In ?   Thank you

Sender Domain Reputation: Unknown error

Hello, I've got lots of errors of that type with SDR: SDR: Message was not scanned for Sender Domain Reputation Reason: Unknown error Checked the documentation at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/esa/esa14-2/user_guide/b_ESA_Admin_Guide...

REJR77 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Installing and using OpenSSL tool

I am trying to install the openssl tool detailed in this guide - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/anyconnect-ftd-pkcs12-openssl-matt-albrecht/I have the openssl-3.2.3.tar file. But not sure what to do next, I have a Windows machine..

ASAv AnyConnect Azure SAML Integration

I'm working on an ASAv deployed in Azure and had a working AnyConnect configuration using LDAP to a DC in Azure.  I tried to setup SAML with Azure AD today and while it appears to be partially working, users are unable to connect.  This is my configu...

Firepower 1000 setup

This might be a dumb question but how would you set up the ASA firewall 1000 without internet connection? I have a switch that connects to it. I think I can console into it with putty but isnt there a gui ?