Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello recently I had to engage my old 3560 switches in my network awaiting for new switches to be received for the new building.suddenly I started to receive many complains on about all my 3560 switches 7 switches WS-C3560-24PS connected clients.when...

Hellois there anyone who can explain me:1) SNMP trap and informs (the difference/similarity between them etc)? 2) And how to configure SNMPv3 on nexus switch? Or please explain me SNMP in general or can you give me a link to a good explained guide? 3...

incognito by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Seems as if no matter what I do, configs to all my nodes in a topology are not save. I always choose "extract configs" and "close terminal windows" and choose "overwrite" existing file or even not choose to overwrite, but upon launching simulation of...

I am having a bit of a contemplation. Most things I read say to put a root bridge (per VLAN) as the Core Switch. I know most, if not all, the configurations about spanning-tree and root bridges and the election process. My question is would it be bet...

I'm setting up a lab, pfSense router -> c3750 as core -> access switch 3750 as switch1.I've set the vlan 101 on the core switch, enabled DHCP on the vlan 101. DHCP is working well.I've setup the route on the core switch, I can reach the router and th...

Hello, I need to first preface that I have a brain injury, so if I forgot to post any details here, I will be happy too do so.  I a, setting up a "new"-to me Cisco 3560X with the upgraded E image:  show ver:Cisco IOS Software, C3560E Software (C3560E...

I'm trying to connect a Nexus 3172TQ QSFP+ to a Catalyst 4948 X2 CX4 port.  I've split out the QSFP+ interface on the nexus into 4 10G interfaces and connected the two via a Dell EMC Isilon InfiniBand DDR QSFP to CX4 1 Meter /3.3 FT Cable 851-0153-01...

I restored my RV 345 router from a previous backup & now the security license token will not activate.I rebooted the router & tried entering the token again but same error.I'm getting a 'Communication Timeout' error message, The product instance was ...

LeonG by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I configured a very basic ACE rule to debug switching issues I have on my network.The switch is running on a single VLAN1, without extra modifications or services activatedInterface: VLAN1, IP Address type: DHCP, IP address: 10.0.0.11, Mask 255.25...

Filomena by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I made my 9 switch stack the VTP server yesterday. Today I get VTP message that says:Feb  1 10:35:49: %SW_VLAN-4-VTP_USER_NOTIFICATION: VTP protocol user notification: MD5 digest checksum mismatch on receipt of equal revision summary on trunk: St9  (...

I am a little confused as to why I am seeing this. I have a 2960x that is showing an ARP entry with an address that is 2 hops away in my network infrastructure, which is not connected to the local subnet. For example:my local switch is 192.168.100.0/...

romanroma by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello guys, Recently i have lost remote connections to one of my access 9300 switch, i cannot SSH it, when I consoled to the switch it didn't allow or prompt me to put the user name and password, it showed lots of error regarding the memory low.I am ...

star1 by Spotlight
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes