Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a 2811 ISR with a 16 port Etherswitch plugged into Slot 1 and a 9 port FE switch plugged into slot 0 - subslot 3. The 9 port FE is showing up in the router config as a series of Fe ports while the 16 port switch doesn't show up in the router ...

Hello everyone I hold several cisco C3560CG-8TC-S switches and I have a problem with one of them. Caraters are unreadable in the console and the switch don't work. It looks like that: ▒>▒▒|▒n▒~~}|/~N_}~▒▒▒^>▒>▒▒▒▒~><?▒><><>>??.>><>▒?}_^_O▒O^=▒▒\}^>~}...

How would one go about enabling STP on Untagged Service Instances across multiple ports on an ASR 920. For example, I thought this would produce the desired results: conf t spanning-tree mode mst spanning-tree mst 0 root primary spanning-tree mst co...

The Ed by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello i have a question about a configuration in a 3750 i want to access a interface ip vlan of the switch from a routed network but it seems that if there is no uplink on the switch the vlan is down so i want the vlan to be up in order to access his...

I am trying to manipulate traffic according to byte size.   I can get the next hop to work, but it will not filter according to byte size. I've been working on this for two days and close to giving up. Here are the statements I wrote.  class-map m...

Hi Guys, do you see any problems if one installs a power injector on a poe port? what are the down sides? i think with power injector 802.3af will not be used right ?

cisco8887 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VSS to VSS upgrade

Hello Everybody, What would be the best way to replace a pair of VSS switches with another pair of VSS switches? We have a pair of WS-6504-E with VS-S720-10G supervisors at the end of their life-cycle and we replacing them with a new pair of 6504 wit...

joslinar by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have had an odd request, re passing a a number of L2 VLANS through a ASR1001 router.There is a diagram of what we are trying to achive.All the links are single links but any suggestions would be great