Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, Weird title but here goes, We have two 5k's they are linked to each other via their respective management ports, we will call them switch-a and switch-b. Attached to these are two routers (not Cisco) both routers have a leg into each switch as be...

sdawson35 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was reading through some of the documentation available on the support forum where i found some interesting differences. It was posted some where that  Ethernet II frames have 8 bytes of Preamble while IEEE 802.3 Frame has 7 bytes of Preamble and t...

Hi to all, I am getting high ping response while pining to core router from any node. generally it should be 1 ms in wired network or in between 30-40 on wireless network or radio devices. the response goes to 25 ms and in the wireless devices it is ...

Hello all, I am facing a strange issue on newly installed 3650 switch - this acts as a core switch and is connected to a 2811 router which is terminating multiple IPsec tunnels on one side (ip mtu set to 1400) and to 2 Dell 8024 10Gig switched on an...

I configured 7301 router to internet and was able to pinging several DNS address ex: 8.8.8.8 with success. on router  g0/1 configured IP address 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 on switch  g1/1 configured IP address 10.0.0.2 255.255.255.0 Switch setup with IP ...

Question from a CCENT practice quiz. I understand why R4 cannot communicate to the 125 network through R3. R3's Gi0/2 is configured as a passive RIPv2 interface and will not send routes/updates to R4. But since passive interfaces in RIPv2 accept and ...

mljennin by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello I have a 3945 integrated router. On a separate server I am trying to monitor the status of all the interfaces via SNMP through the ifTable. I am running into an issue of trying to obtain status of interfaces on the switch. From my understandin...