Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I've come across this "no ip redirects" command while labbing, this came up while learning how to configure HSRP.  The Cisco page on HSRP speciifies this command as part of their config.  Iv been doing to research on this and I think I have the basic...

Hi Guys,i have an issue with forming SVL between 2 9500 32c with 2 x 100g links, 1 link is always suspended. when i try with 2x40g it works, so license and config is correct. the 2x100g qsfp model: 100g-fr-s switch software: 17.6.5 Any idea what can ...

Adanio by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi. I expand my network with a SG110D-05: from router to the switch and from switch two cables, one to tv and the second one to wlan-extender. I noticed that the connection on the tv breaks off sporadically - usually only 1-2 seconds.I pinged through...

I have 2 Cisco 9500 setup in virtual stack and its been working since 2019 with no issues.  This past week it stopped working properly and now I see when I do a show stackwise-virtual dual-active-detection pagp the below.  I'm not sure why only 1 por...

morphotek by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! IOS Upgrade Query

Hello Team,I have done the IOS upgrade by using the below command in the Cisco WS-C3650-24PS  platform. #request platform software package install switch all file flash:cat3k_caa-universalk9.16.12.07.SPA.bin The switch come up with the expected IOS v...

Madhu by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, i was facing an issue with NTP sync in 3850 switchShow ntp statusClock is unsynchronized, stratum 16, no reference clock sh ntp associationsaddress ref clock st when poll reach delay offset disp~172.16.143.252 .TIME. 16 - 64 0 0.000 0.000 15937.~...

Hi everyone, I am having trouble with an assignment my instructor have given me. In this assignment i have to configure different things: VLAN, Inter-VLAN routing, OSPF, NAT etc. Right now i have setup VLANs, trunks, etherchannels, RSTP, Portfast & B...

Repsak008 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Disabled switch (bad DNS) occurs every 10-15 minutes and stays for 2-5 in Disabled switch (bad DNS) mode and while in Disabled switch (bad DNS) mode, no DNS queries work so the customer says "no internet access" 

Hi, is it possible to have 2 core switches running with the very same SVIs configured? Im not referring to stacking. I want to take down the old core later on but will gradually transfer the connected devices from old to the new core one at a time.

kish02 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

I have my access ports set up like this:PC is tethered from phone on it's internal switch.interface 2/0/1switchport access plan 11switchport voice vlan 130 In the VLANs I have ip helper-address set to my DHCP server.The phones and the computers pick ...

pgreen by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hi All,This is my first post on this forum, long time reader, first time poster.I am struggling with a basic task with OSPF provision on a multi router network and am hoping for some advice and pointers so I can start to make progress.Here is the sit...

dmc123 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

I have a 3850 stack consisting of (1) 24 port and (1) 48 port running 16.6.9. The 48 port had a hardware failure and was replaced with the exact same model. Since the replacement was added, the stack has gone down 4 times.5/7 at ~ 11:01:02 PM5/10 at ...