Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi I am testing to overcome default route from other routers. the route protocol eigrp. can i do: router eigrp 1 no default-information in if so, does it mean my default route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 can sent out, but other routers default routes i will...

julxu by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, On normal IOS devices, when trunk is configured between two switches, i think all vlans are allowed by default on that trunk. if i want to allow/ deny specific vlans then i configur 'switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,5'...etc so vlans not mentioned...

s4sandyad by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We have two switches, at one side Nexus 7010 & other side cisco 2960. having 2 fiber link in between them. both switches are far from each other. one fiber link is direct dark fiber other is provided by ISP so mux would be in between. My questio...

s4sandyad by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We have Microsoft NLB something , system team require want their one mac must be bind on L3 switch. so we have Nexus 7k as L3, that server is connected to Nexus as L2 access port, so want to bind its MAC address on that L2 interface. How to bind ...

s4sandyad by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, Please advise on the below. I am just understanding the cost calculations. Consider the link between R2 and R3. R2 has loopback 2.2.2.2 in area 0 R4 has loopback 4.4.4.4 in area 0 I have changed the cost of R4 (Eth 1/1) as 200.  From below R...

Hi All - I'm trying to understand the logic for the following sample (derived from the OTV deployment guide): ip access-list ACL-ANY-IP permit ip any anyip access-list ACL-FHRP-IP permit ip any 224.0.0.2 permit ip any 224.0.0.102 permit ip any 224.0...

Hi All, from my past experience and everything that I have read there is no additional configuration for multicast to work when the receivers and the device that is doing PIM are in the same subnet? Is this correct? I have a PBX and voice subnet. Th...

dan hale by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Im asking for the behavior of a layer 3 switch when receiving a packet with A destination ip address  that have a resolution in the arp-cache but no entry is found for the mac-add in the cam-table same question if there is an entry in the cam-table.a...

Hey all, Have some misunderstanding how wireshark interpreters the packet size. I have ICMP packet with 1464 Payload. So i wanted to know how it makes to 1514 Bytes frame or 1500 IP Packet. As I Know if ICMP payload is 1464 when we have to add IC...

from88 by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi to you all, I have a 6509-E Switch online nothing so far has given me any issues. The IOS version i have is the following: Cisco IOS Software, s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-ADVENTERPRISEK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(33)SXI3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) As f...