Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys,I've seen something interesting that I wanted to share and seek your thought. We have 3850 switches in our environment which are acting as a layer 2 only with a trunk port configured to the core (6500). The vlan interfaces are defined at the ...

Ehsan M. by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Created a ip prefix list to allow the default route, then set it in a route-map and applied to ospf process 1200, but it filters everything. This was working about 3 days ago. The only thing that changed is it connects to a new upstream ASA, but the ...

Hi, I don't understand why it shows 2 lines (C & L) for each network, and each one with different mask ! Router interface which connected to network is set to be 192.168.1.1/24 and the network is in the same range ! so why it shows 192.168.1.1/32  no...

Hi! I've got Cisco 881 connected to the network in a branch office. Sometimes (may occur once a week or three times a day) I see STP starts blocking port: rtr#show spanning-tree VLAN1 is executing the ieee compatible Spanning Tree protocol Brid...

avorobyev by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Scenario:I have configured VSS in distribution Layer(Sw1 & Sw2). There is 1 L3 port configured for traffic forwarding from each VSS member Sw1 & Sw2 to core switch. VSS Dist sw1 have the active control plane and data planes for are active for both VS...

Vignesh M by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! IP prefix list

Suppose I create a prefix list and I didnot add the commands in red, what would happen? Will the redistribution happen at all?router bgp 65100no synchronizationbgp router-id 2.2.2.2bgp log-neighbor-changesredistribute ospf 1 route-map OSPF->BGPneighb...

Good Morning All, Am currently looking into high cpu figures on one of our 3850 switches the model is WS-C3850-24P running  03.02.03.SE. we had an alert through for a sustained period of high cpu usage, upon investigation we observed the following. ...

Wes Neary by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi CSC,I have a query regarding default routes in EIGRP. I have two routers, lets say RouterA and RouterB that are EIGRP neighbours.RouterA has a static default route pointing to my ASARouterB has a static default route pointing to RouterA. Looking a...

GRANT3779 by Spotlight
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi  i have installed an HWIC-4ESW on a cisco 1841 router and attached an ADSL modem to one of its ports. (f0/0/0)i have created a vlan and put the interface on that vlan and assigned an ip address to the interface vlan.now i can ping the ADSL modem.t...

Unable to telenet onto a cisco 3750 stack of 4how resolve this without rebooting the stacktried using the snmp tool still does not workplease advise accordingly Unable to ssh to the stackeven while using a console cable still unable to access any of ...

nde_boris by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have two RV042 Dual WAN router. The current IP Address range is 192.168.100.1 - 192.168.103.254 / 22. We have extended LAN, 500 IP's in one premises in another 500 in another premises, but all are in the same subnet. Both premises are connected ...

kiran by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes