Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, If I have a router connected to a L3 switch, and the L3 switch is routing/connected to another 3 different vlan/subnets.How does the router know that it need to go down the L3 switch to reach the 3 different subnets ?Do i have to configure th...

SJ K by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to create a vlan in Cisco Catalyst 6509 Here is my partial config with details on eachBelow interface gets a cable in from route which has 10.250.250.1 IP assigned to itinterface FastEthernet6/24 description wireless 2651 inside - f0/1 sw...

vs1784001 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am planning to implement dhcp snooping. The main purpose is to fence off the rogue (spurious) DHCP servers (such as the home routers accidentally plugged into the network). I know, DAI (Dynamic ARP Inspection) and IP source guard depending on th...

BenBen by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All - I have an issue that concerns periodic bandwidth issues when accessing the internet and when utilizing Citrix. We recently had a vendor come in and install a new Nexus 5k core switch with a FEX connected to move the remaining physical 1GB...

DJSchum01 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have my core switch connecting to my router which connects to our MPLS provider. My router has a BGP default route going to the MPLS provider edge router B*   0.0.0.0/0 [20/0] via 172.30.252.78, 1w4d .... This route is not showing up in my core swi...

Hi all! I've got a question about adding a firewall to an existing network infrastructure. More specifically how (or if) you need to change your networks in order to pass traffic outside -> in and inside -> out successfully. So lets say I have this s...

Hello,I recently inherited the administration of several Cisco 2960 and 3960 switches.  On each of these switches the auto qos srnd4 command has been enabled globally.However, on our network we do not use VOIP phones or video conferencing equipment. ...

I'm trying to implement a WOL solution on a pair of Nexus 7ks. I have read through documentation and multiple posts and am still having trouble with it. The basic design is that I have a WOL server on vlan 10 with an address of 10.10.10.57 trying to ...

mkbarry89 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am unable to access the console via the USB port.  I've read the USB is the standard port for console access in the newer switches, but both of these new 3850x I have, the USB con is not working at all.  Putty cannot connect.  I've downloaded the 3...

cshaw5901 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes