Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have 4507 R+E switched installed in our network. For the past 6 months, we are observing temperature warning in Module no. 3 in the CPU part.I want to know why this is happening. We take out the module clean it with a blower and the warning disapp...

To establish the ospf stub area between the distribution switch with the core switch or ABR. Do we need to set the static route on the distribution switch to point the  ANY to the ABR/core switch gateway?I read the article that the default route is g...

I have recently joined a company, and they  have below network topology.There are these vlans defined with Ip routing enabled.interface vlan 4name "Four"routingip address 192.168.4.77 255.255.255.0exitinterface vlan 10name "Infrastructure"routingip a...

I have recently joined a company, and they  have below network topology.There are these vlans defined with Ip routing enabled.interface vlan 4name "Four"routingip address 192.168.4.77 255.255.255.0exitinterface vlan 10name "Infrastructure"routingip a...

Hi all,I have 4507 R+E installed. As usual one of its supervisor module is in "Active" state while the other is in "Standby hot" state.I want to know how to make the standby supervisor as the active supervisor without shutting down the switch or with...

Dear all: Unfortunately I deleted the flash directory on my Cisco switch 3550, when I reboot the switch I realized that there is no IOS at all.any way to restore the IOS from local directory ? If not , how I could running back the switch 

HiHow can I change the redundancy mode from RPR to SSO in a Cat4507R+E with SUP7L-E and IOS XE .03.04.05.SG.151-2.SG5? The commands:redundancy - mode sso ... is not available:lan_4507_1(config)#redundancylan_4507_1(config-red)#mode ?  rpr  Route Proc...

Hi all,Assuming that I have a Layer 2 switch, and I have not configure any VLAN in it.By right, I will need to create a management IP and a default gateway.Switch# conf tSwitch(config)# interface vlan 1Switch(config-if)# ip address 192.168.1.11 255.2...

SJ K by Level 5
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, Today I have came across NIC card that is able to tag VLAN as well as the tagging of VLAN in VM environment from the guest OS nic card.I believe sometime tagging a VLAN on the host/guest devices is necessary as oppose to configuring the VLAN ...

SJ K by Level 5
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI'm wondering if someone who did this before could guide me on where to start to uplift the whole environment in our Hospital.I have asa firewall, two core switch, 2 distribution switches and 55 access switches.My question is where do I start to ch...

techy8888 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes