Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello.I discovered a strange network  problem.  Network  Core consist from two 3750 in stack. There are 18 Vlans on Cisco 3750.  Each port of core connect to switch. When I ping  gate of the vlan, for example Vlan8,  ...

Hi all,This type of Question probably has been asked before but here goes:We have Nortel IP phones connecting to 3750 switches.Port security on the interfaces. A data and a voice vlan.Plugging the phones into the switch the phones work fine, plugging...

Ableton34 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I was just looking to clear all of the current spanning-tree counters after making some changes. I have used the command "clear spanning-tree counters" however this only seemed to clear the interfaces stats such as number of BPDUs sent and receive...

Hi, is it possible to disable the stacking mode on a catalyst 2960x?There is no stacking module but the stacking state is always ready:Switch#  Role   Mac Address     Priority Version  State----------------------------------------------------------*1...

I would like to communicate between VLAN's on my switch configuration but unfortunately I can't do the following:- ping between vlans (my default gateways on each host are correct)- from a VLAN that is not the native VLAN 1 i can not access the inter...

Roger1000 by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I just configured DNS server on my cisco 1941. From the router, i can translate google.com and ping the world. As a switch I have the EHWIC-D-8ESG-P and the EHWIC-VA-DSL-A as modem. The machines can comunicate from each other:sun (the default ...

Dear Xperts, Enabled 10 % Multicast & broadcast storm control in the L3 switch interface connected towards L2 switch. Unfortunately user NIC card malfunctioning which generated high frequent broadcast made L3 switch CPU to hit 99%.With the help of ne...

Good afternoon to everyone! I have a technical question which is this:I have two AIR-CT8510-100-K9 controllers and I have two WS-C3850-12S switches. I want to connect one AIR-CT8510-100-K9 with WS-C3850-12S switch and I want to connect them with 10G ...

I move my problems question from document to discussion.            6509E#show moduleMod Ports Card Type Model --- ----- -------------------------------------- ------------------ 1 24 CEF720 24 port 1000mb SFP WS-X6724-SFP 2 48 CEF720 48 port 10/100/...

hi i was only new in CISCO equipments but since I was required to get CCNA certification for the company i worked with, i started to train my self by reading and watching instructional videos for CCNA, thank god i manage to learn the basic configurat...

Hi all, I got 2 old Cisco 2950 catalyst switch yesterday. But when I try to open console of both switches I am getting only blank terminal. I tried to open with putty and scureCRT, I tried another console cable, tried on another PC, but no luck. I th...

Hi, Would like to know whether HSRP version 2 is having any known instabilities or bugs ?Is that advisable to migrate from HSRP ver 1 to HSRP ver 2 ?  This will need downtime ? Thanks

Looking for some help on an issue I've been having lately.  Issue is we recently changed networks and since some of our remote sites are now getting DHCP addresses from our VLAN 1 IP Block. Topology is as follows: DHCP Server --> port 1/3 Cisco 6509 ...

bolds04 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes