Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, There are still time to time whereby i can confuse on (8bits or 2^7) and 2^8It is known that 8 bits give you 256 value. q1) But in actual fact 8 bits turn on is not 2^8 isnt it ?, it is actually 2^7 + 2^6  all the way to 2^0 765432102^72^62^5...

SJ K by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! OSPF Design

Hi  This is a design question for OSPF, if I have a triangular network model with the production site and 2 datacentres, currently running static routing. I now want to implement dynamic routing in the form of OSPF. Is it a good idea to use area 0 fo...

We have a full deployment of ISE, Trustsec, UCS, 1000v and Nexus 7k's to secure our virtual shared desktop and VDI enviroments. It all works, RBACL policys gets pushed, updates and enforces policy. The " show cts role-based counters" command works bu...

Resolved! 3850 port issues

We have installed several Catalyst 3850 48 port switches on campus.  I have run into 3 incidences where a system connected to the port will not work (different buildings and different switches).  A wire scope of the port reveled no problems, port sec...

Hello,I have a multi vlan LAN where a Windows Svr is the DHCP. The below output shows the vlan interfaces with the ip helper and the interface connected to the server.Still workstations are not getting IPs in any vlan.Please help. ... interface Gigab...

I have a project that I'm designing for a customer, and we have a complication for which there has risen a disagreement on design philosophy. The design calls for the hosts in Vlan 211, at site 20, to be in the same VLAN and subnet as the server atta...

Hello,I've recently swapped out our old 2610 routers for newer 2801's for use as NTP servers. The 2801 is running 15.1(4)M9.The router is configured as such:ntp server 0.pool.ntp.orgntp server 1.pool.ntp.orgntp server 2.pool.ntp.org NTP#sho ntp statu...

Hi,I need some help with the connection between a ASR1001 and a Catalyst 2960G. The interface on the ASR won't come up, and I am pretty sure this is a configuration issue but I can't figure it outAt first, both interfaces wouldn't come up, but since ...

Hi All, we have a 4500 Switch  cisco WS-C4507R+EIOS version : cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SG7.binWe keep receiving the below LOGs non-stop & its only on 1 switch this logs are getting generated%PM-4-PORT_CONSISTENT: STANDBY:Port Gi1/14 consistency has ...

dnsroot13 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Auto Failover

We have 2 Cisco router with two separate ISP. Also, two ASA firewall is centralised one and we are manually adding static routes in ASA.But now need to enable auto failover.What and all the possibilities plz...   RegardsShashank.S