Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HelloThis is likely an 'oh yes of course!' type question but I can't seem to figure it out...This is a lab environment that I am rebuilding from scratch, its not production. I have a 'Parking' Vlan for Unused and Shutdown ports on Access Switches. My...

Sorry for such a noob question but I would love for someone to clarify...On a fiber LC SFP adapter, there's a small arm on a hinge that turns up and down, what is that for? Are you supposed to have it in the down position, plug in the adapter then pu...

Have an issue, where Ospf will not come up between a 2921 running 15.2(4)M4 and a 3750G running 12.2(35)SE5.Ospf is running between physical interfaces.Ospf running between the 2921 and a 6513 with no issue.Ospf running between the 3750 and other swi...

c.walsh by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need a little help with multicast and older switches.   Here is some background and what I understand so far.  Basically I have a mutlple VLAN LAN with a Cisco 4006 running IOS as my core switch.   On my Lan I have multiple switches of various mode...

krabilld1 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,Can any one explain me what is the role of distribution switch in netwok environment? How the network should be designed proper having it.My confusion is, having distribution switch in network, should we configure layer3 interfaces on distr...

anis_cisco by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ntp issue 6509

I have a network in which we have enabled MP-BGP , there are multiple VRF configured in network . Location A we have NTP server with IP 10.1.1.1 in VRF-1 , on Location B we have 7 swicthes out of which 6 access swicthes  4948 I have configured NTP se...

Resolved! Full Duplex issues

Hello I am seeing a strange issue.hope to get a little bit of advice on this.There are two switches connected WS-C3560-48PS-S on one side and WS-C2960-24PC-S on the other side.the interface configurations are as follows:WS-C3560-48PS-Sinterfa...

Hello all,We are in stage of deploying our network in three layers Core Distro AccessWe have 2x6500 (VSS) on core, 3750 (with 10G interfaces) on distribution & 2960 (with 1G interfaces) on access.I am confusing about the role of Distribution switch i...

Will a switch lose the mac adress on the port even though it is configured as static if the device is down?Please see logs below:(MAC address changed to protect confidentiality)SW1#sh mac address-table int fa1/0/12         Mac Address Table----------...

Hi, I have got two internet link from different ISP. One ISP have got the bandwidth of 1 mbps and another of 10 mbps. I want to run ospf for the first ISP as they have provided two different networks and for the second ISP I want the static route.I...

HiI run on C6500 (SUP720) IOS 12.2(33)SXI5 and sometimes I got sporadic problems on production systems that I find really difficult troubleshoot.The only thing I found strange is the following amount of STP active ports:#sh spanning-tree summary tota...

Today I got this messages i my nexus log:2013 Dec 16 05:51:24 sw39 %SYSMGR-FEX105-5-HEARTBEAT_LOSS: Service "ethpc" heartbeat loss 2 ,max 6 . 2013 Dec 16 05:51:29 sw39 %SYSMGR-FEX105-5-HEARTBEAT_LOSS: Service "ethpc" heartbeat loss 3 ,max 6 . 2013 ...