Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

dear all,am using cisco router 2811 with HWIC ADSL card needed to be connected to the internet.i tried using one of the following ATM configuration but connection to the internet failed as the virtual-access interface remains in down state.Please see...

I am wondering if GLBP is supported on nexus 5500I have 4 5548s I want to run glbp on but the feature is not listed to activate.version 5.2(1)N1(1a)I have features hsrp and vrrp but no glbp.  According to what I read from Cisco you don't need special...

mcg-tulsa by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI have the following set up on my network.My problem is that i cannot get a DHCP address on the client.I have the following config for both:Global#################################ip dhcp snoopingip dhcp snooping vlan 10 , 20 , 30################...

Hi,we have cisco 6509 switch with ws-x6748-GE blade We have configured layer2 portchannel with a HP blade switchchannel-group mode is set to 'Active'Portchannel establishes but I could see several portchannels are created Pasting the sh etherch summa...

Hello Community,As I study STP and all its glorious forms (802.1D, PVST+, MST) I am beginning to question some things regarding the diameter and the default timers. From what I am reading the Cisco best practices are to make sure that a switched netw...

Craddockc by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to enable auto Qos on existing ME3600 switches but I couldn't find any configuration command. Customer would like enable auto QoS to the ME3600 switches to trust their DSCP marking. I have tried normal IOS auto QoS commands but it didn...

Ok so I believe I have done everything right so any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached is my running config. I have the et0/0 set up for dhcp because it's connected to the outside network, the switch interface connected to vlan 2 which has a...

jcclubb15 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I have a setup of a ASA 5550 connecting to a Cisco 3560 where the port on the ASA is configured to 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0  and the port on the 3560 is configured as :      interface GigabitEthernet0/23description **Cisco ASA**switchport ...

Hi, I'm quite new to the networking work. I'm an Audio Visual Tech so I don't touch much of this stuff.I have a LAN Network I'm setting up at my house. I had a little bit of trouble, thought I might run this by you guys and see if ...

I have a remote site that's just installed a Cataylst 3560 v2 which I need to configure. I'm guessing the default username and password are both cisco; however, web GUI and Configuration Assistant won't let me in - both are asking for realm level_15_...

In the past, switches used either cut-through or store-and-forward switching as the forwarding methods to switch data between network ports.  Although store-and-forwad is the sole forwarding method usedtoday on Cisco Catalyst switches, was there ever...

I have 2 Catalyst 3560x switches each with 4 Gbic uplink modules.  What I would like to do is connect 3 of the modules on one switch to 3 modules on the other switch to create a 3 Gb channel.Please note that while I am pretty computer savvy, I know n...