Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello everyone,We have a VSS pair of 4500x switches that started to reload once in day, standby and active both reloading separately IOS version is Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500e-UNIVERSALK9-M), Versio...

FuadG by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone, I am driving myself a little bit mad on this one. I am planning an IOS 16.12.04 upgrade (from 16.12.02) on two stacked Catalyst 9200 switches. These switches are located in Germany (I am located in England) so I need to make sure nothing...

Hi alli need to configure this two type of QoS on cisco nexus 3000 Quality of Service (QoS) with 4 queues        Diffserv (DSCP) QoS, with strict priorityI came from HPE/Aruba network world and i don't understand very well the correct steps to config...

lucatek by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all, A coworker showed me a page that would compare switches side by side.  My company deletes all emails after 3 months.  And apparently, i didn't mark the bookmark OBVIOUS enough.  I have Googled with no results. Can anyone help me out. Many ...

brianw360 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Please forgive me if the terminology is not right as this is all very new to me.I am trying to create a channel between two of the sfp ports on my 3750G switch and two of the ports on my HP NC365T quad port network card that is installed in my de...

Greetings all,trying to figure out why I can't ping a computer from a computer on a different subnet unless I ping it from it's connected switch first. I can then ping from another subnet without issue for a time until the computer once again becomes...

Pootytang by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,is a 10G rj45 switch port also a multigigabit or only a 10G?In other words, what happens if I connect a 2.5G port (for example an hotspot) in a 10G port? The resulting speed is 2.5G or the link will not work?thanks in advance to everyoneandrea

Hi All,Currently, we have a single switch that connects the ISP link to our HA FTD Firewall. refer to attach single wan.pngWe are looking for an expansion in secondary ISP. refer to attach dual wan  We are not sure if the switch that is connected in ...

owen2 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VTP

Can a vtp server sync its database with vtp clients if the vtp client has a higher version number? 

Sinosha by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

1) Why would anyone use `redistribute connected`? Is there any scenario that `eigrp network` can't achieve the same (better) results? 2) Does `eigrp network` always take precedence over `redistribute connected`? I noticed with both `eigrp network` a...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card