Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hiI've configured an ASA 5510 FW with asa901-k8 ios. on it's "inside" port there is 10.90.0.0 network. there is another network (10.190.0.0) in my system that can be reached via another router which has 10.90.0.253 ip address. when a client in the 10...

HiI have a server with 4 ethernet ports, 1G, they are bonded together, two of them was pluged into cat6500 module WS-X6724-TX. now we have moved the two ports to the replace module WS-X6748-GE-TX.the one of the two ports are not online. cat6500#sh ru...

julxu by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I need to replace a faulty fan unit on the catos WS-6509 switch. It's confirmed by the show env all command.this Catos switch does not support show inventory so any other catos commands which will show me this part id?ThanksTony.           ...

Hi all -Some of you probably know that the US Navy time servers recently experienced an issue in which USNO.NAVY.MIL suddenly dropped back to the year 2000 on November 19th between the hours of 21:07 UTC and 21:59 UTC (16:07-16:59 ...

treimers1 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How would I go about stacking 4 Cisco Catalyst 2960-48PST-L switches? The one switch needs to accept a fiber connection from a distribution switch.  Do I have to buy flexstack module and cables? If so where does the module go on the switch? If this s...

Is it possible to obtain a replacement rackmount kit for a 2960 48 port switch? I've had a read of the manuals but can't see a part number specified. The part number suggested to me (by BT) is for the 8 port version, which is not much use.Thanks.

Hi All,I hope someone can comment if they ever managed to get a Cisco ASA to work in an environment where it was using PIM sparse-mode, network adress translation (NAT) with two-way multicast streams (inside to outside and outside to inside)?  Both t...

Hi Everyone,Here is info 36503560 user connect there PC.It has default gateway to Vlan 30.It has SVI vlan 30.It has uplink to 37503750.It has uplink to 4500.It has also same default gateway to Vlan 30.4500 Layer3.It has no SVI  Vla...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,on our backbone (Cisco 6509)  we have the following config.spanning-tree mode rapid-pvstspanning-tree extend system-idspanning-tree vlan 1-200 priority 24576questions:1. is rapid-pvst the best spanning tree protocol to use? on some switches we hav...

Trying to find meaning/cause of the following Nexus errors:Nexus7000version 4.2(4)%L2FMC-SLOT12-2-L2PD_HWIDX_TO_IF_FAILED: Failed to get Interface for index                   %L2FMC-SLOT12-1-L2PD_L2_USD_REQ_FAILED: Failed to send request to the L2 AS...

Hi There,I understand that the password has to be changed the first time we login to Cisco 3945 router but i failed to do that and its not allowing me to connect using default username/password.Can someone help me in getting this addressed??Regards,N...

vnirmal112 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I am receiving high discards on a 6509. There is low utilisation of the link & it looks like bursts. I've posted some config & diagnostic info below. Can anyone help explain what could be causing it or suggest a solution.GigabitEthernet2/16 is up...

Hi Team,Kindly advise me on how to go about config my bureau connected to HQ and separated by a WAN link of 60mb.I will appreciate if you give me the breakdown on how to achieve this.This is my planSplit the bandwith into halves that is, 30mb for LAN...