Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a switch that accepts the relevant commands to change the vlans, but does not make any changes. I checked that vtp status is server. It is the only switch on this network. It has all ports in the default vlan and all ports are listed in the vo...

Hi All,How to create loopback cable for gig copper port (cisco 6513).I have tried the following loopback cable:1-32-6and 1-42-5and 1-32-64-75-8but interface was not up .Pls suggest if any other option.This interface is fine. this i...

I see that there are multiple discussion on this topic but so far I have not been able to find an answer that fits my situation. I have a WDS server running on a VMware host connected to a Nexus 7010 via a trunk port. I then have a 3750 switch connec...

Two sites withtwo  switches etherchannel concept for wan linkDoes it work? Please suggestOn switch1--site 1interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1--Wan link1no switchportno ip addresschannel-protocol lacpchannel-group 1 mode active!interface GigabitEthernet1/...

Hi,I want upgrade my switches 2960-24PC-L RAM: 128MB and Flash: 28MB, but in the web page of cisco I see that the requirement of hardware is RAM: 128MB and Flash: 32MB. I download the IOS file and this file is only 11.2MB so my question is if I can u...

Hi Everyone,I have set up vrrp between 2 routers for testing.R1 has this config 2691Router#sh vrrpFastEthernet1/1 - Group 20  State is Backup  Virtual IP address is 192.168.7.3  Virtual MAC address is 0000.5e00.0114  Advertisement interval is 1.000 s...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I am trying to get my head around layer 2 protocol tunnelling. I assume this can be configured using switchport access mode, switchport dot1q tunnel mode and AToM. In what cases would we need to increase the system mtu of the service provider ...

Good day,I have not enough experience to know if I am configuring things correctly.Basically, we need a network with 5 VLANS divided over 2 layer 3 switches and all devices need to be able to communicate with each other.The interVLAN communication ca...

Hello,I have two C4506 switches and I would like to create two L3 links between them by using only one physical link.I will then assign each L3 link to a different VRF.I think I have two choices but I'm not sure however that the second one is possibl...

jbluciani by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card