Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have these 2 switches Cisco 3550 to 3524 as a test lab and I have set the 3550 up as the core\routing.I want to trunk and talk between them but I cant get them talking, I've followed this:http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=29803...

Hi There,Do anybody know how is the packet forward performance of ME3800 please? Is it hardware directly foward or software? We are concerned a lot on how fast ME3800 can forward packets, since we want to use it as a timing/synchronous auxiliary test...

Hi Experts,We have a network setup mentioned below and currently all users at the Quarters location is able to access the corporate network by giving the gateway as ip address of HSRP Vlan 1. And we are planning to block the unauthorized access by th...

Sihanu N by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to allow hosts on a single switch to communicate with an ISCSI SAN, but block the hosts from communicating with each other.  Can you tell me if the below configuration will work?  All hosts and SAN NIC are in the same VLAN and host MAC's ...

perptech1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all,I havea cisco 6500 that is connected to a cisco 3500 over an access port. The access port connects to vlan 105 only on the 6500 and to vlan 1 on the 3500. Because this is an access port and not a trunk no traffic gets tagged, i believe therefo...

Hi My intial understanding of as-path-access list is if its not created it defaults to permit all.  We were trying to filter a BGP neighbor prefixes by using the 'neighbor ip filter list 1234 in' and 'neighbor ip filter list 1234 out' on the neighbor...

We have a 6513 with about 8 switches in it. I installed a Intel Pro PT NIC in a Dell PE2850 and setup the Team setting which created a bridge in the network connections. 10 minutes later, every server connected on that 'blade' went down and rebooted....

lvgforums by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Fair warning, I'm a but of a noob so please bear with me. I'm trying to set up a new ASA 5510. I have a pretty simple set up with one /24 on the inside NATed to a DHCP address on the outside. Everything on the inside works and I can ping the outside ...

Hi, This scenario is as follows:Clients ----- l2 switch ---- l2 switch (primary) --- asa (primary)                                    ----- l2 switch (secondary) --- asa (secondary)there are three vlans a, b, c on the asa interfaces (sub interfaces)....

My co-worker and I are trying to find out what switchports are associated with vlans on this old CATOS.  The problem is we do not know how to get into the blades.  There is no console opening for the blades with the ports on them.  We can console int...

jefbowli by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good Afternoon,We are currently in the process of implementing a new Shoretel VoIP Phone system in ournetwork.  We have a Cisco Catalyst 6506e at the core for routing and Cisco Catalyst 2960Sswitches at the edge for all client connections. We'd like ...

njfanelli by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes