Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello people ! I face a situation where, STP needs to keep doing its job - i.e. block one of the links, hence deliberately not setting the two uplinks in EtherChannel - but, on other side we have two (Core) Nexus switches in vPC so the dual connectio...

costaspal by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hey guys,  I'm looking to upgrade the IOS on a number of 9300 / 9500 switch stacks from a USB data pen (something I've not done before).  These stacks are deployed however not yet in production and I unfortunately do not have remote access to them. I...

mattipler by Level 1
  • 23 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

upon boot I get this errorswitch: bootLoading "flash:/c2960c405ex-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE5/c2960c405ex-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE5.bin"...flash:/c2960c405ex-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE5/c2960c405ex-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE5.bin: invalid argumentError loading...

I have an issue with a sup C9400-SUP-1XL and I will replace the active one. The device has two supervisor and i will force a switchover to replace the one that is on slot 3. The sups are on install mode so my question is the following: Once I put the...

g3doubt by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So I do the following on my lab 4500 switches and see the following when showing virtual link and switch virtual commands are issued. Can anyone help point me to fix the errors?   sh switch virtual link: Executing the command on VSS member switch rol...

Hello Everyone,We've been observing our aggregated link (4 x 1gbps) between our core and a stacked switch where our vm and storage are for more than a month now. And that link barely goes over 1gbps. Upon review and further reading, we discovered tha...

Jon Eyes by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys, I have here 2 troubleshooting tasks my teacher intentionally made mistakes in. One where there is a fault with the switch (I have to find out why there is no remote connection to my switch2) and the other where there are faults at the router...

Previously I had a stack of 4 x Cisco Catalyst 2960X switches. I removed switch 1 to use somewhere else.So I issued the command:switch 2 renumber 1After a reload, the switch 2 is still switch 2, and there is still no switch 1.There is also no config ...

HiCurrently experiencing a problem with 4 IE3300-8p2s switches with 240W power supply cabled to DC A and DC B.The PoE budget is only showing as 125w. This remains the same whether both DC are connected or just one.I believe the PoE budget should be m...

PaulT by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm currently trying to find MIB files for the Cisco Catalyst 2920-XR Series switch stack. In one of the support page that I stumbled upon (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12-2_55_se/configuration/guid...

OliSpp by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have issues with our switch, including an appearance notification that says "MainbMainboard authentication failed." Abort init... and I open tieckt with cisco and request me provide below information :switch:setswitch:versionswitch:gettlvswitch:dir...

malhalafi by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes